Pretty sure I'm DQd

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
From what I've seen, they're really babying the newbies. You should qualify as long as you don't crash
We have 2,3,4 year drivers that I get sent out blind over because "you're an experienced driver and should be able to get it done."

Dude I've got over a decade in I know the game. I can promise you you're better off sending the young runner out there. Lol

Softconcrete

Yeah, they sat me down today. Manager said he's very frustrated with me because he feels I can do the job there's just something in my head blocking me from getting over the hump. He and the steward suggested air driving to get a little experience and try again next bid. I tried. Thanks for all the info. Now I just gotta figure out when I go back to the hub

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yeah, they sat me down today. Manager said he's very frustrated with me because he feels I can do the job there's just something in my head blocking me from getting over the hump. He and the steward suggested air driving to get a little experience and try again next bid. I tried. Thanks for all the info. Now I just gotta figure out when I go back to the hub
sounds like BS management talk...he's "frustrated".. lmao, ok "dad", I'll try to do better the next time around..your "manager" sounds like a clown

Softconcrete

Yeah when they dqd me the steward mentioned the need for an air driver. When I called manager to see when I could go back into hub I asked him if there was a bid and he was like that's something you and I can talk about. Is air driving the same as regular driving with the 30 days? If you don't like that can you go back in the building? If you have an accident is your job gone or just back to building?

PT Car Washer

Yeah when they dqd me the steward mentioned the need for an air driver. When I called manager to see when I could go back into hub I asked him if there was a bid and he was like that's something you and I can talk about. Is air driving the same as regular driving with the 30 days? If you don't like that can you go back in the building? If you have an accident is your job gone or just back to building?
There are bid PT air drivers where you have either a regular delivery route in the morning or a regular pick up route in the afternoon or evening. My building only has one PT bid pick up route while all the rest are Art. 22.3 jobs. Or he may be talking about an air exception and Saturday air driver. In that case you work your PT inside job and when needed you can deliver air packages in the morning. No guarantee of the number of hours you could be working or the days. Wages start at $13.50/hr with a two year progression which currently tops out at $27.64/hr. Never heard of a 30 day qualification period for air driving.

Faceplanted

Lol... your getting used. They will also have you run ground and tell you not to file as they will "pull strings" to get you full time asap.

Air driving will not help you become a better driver, it's 2 different worlds.

Wait till next bid and try again.