Probably asked a million times by a UPSer wife but,

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Not to be callus about it, but he has to put his time in just like we all had to do. And like cachsux says, if you think he's working hard now, he ain't see nothing yet. That, and you will probably see him less than you do now. Every step up I've taken with this company, I always look back and realize how much easier the previous job was. When I was a driver, I would look in my screwed up load, knowing I had 10 to 12 hours in front of me, and realized how easy I had it as a preloader. Then when I went to feeders, driving around 53 foot trailers and sets of doubles in rush hour traffic, I look back and realize how much simpler driving the package car was.

Almost everyone I know that went from part time to package car, looked forward to the move. After the move, most of them asked themselves, "What have I got got myself into?" Not that they didn't enjoy the full time job, but never realized what a challenge it was to become.

Tell him to be patient if he really wants to go full time.

Dracula

If Obama gets re-elected, that will be a long, long time....

Yeah, because when Dubya was president, the wait time to go driving was three days. That, and the package cars handled better and got 5 miles more to the gallon. *********************

Last edited by a moderator:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Here, here...What part of liquidating a company don't these people understand? If Gordon Gekko was reality, he would have been CEO of a company like Bain Capital.

Venture capital and private equity are entirely different from one another.

The point I was trying to make is that Romney/Ryan will go after unions with a gusto.

Dracula

Yes, and Bain Capital did both. Whatever it takes to make money for their coffers. Leveraging money to buy companies, saddling the company with debt, selling while the company still has fungible assets, then leave the shell, with its employees to rot on the carcass. Sweet deal for the investors!! Not so good for those working at the company. I call them Vulture Capitalists.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yes, and Bain Capital did both. Whatever it takes to make money for their coffers. Leveraging money to buy companies, saddling the company with debt, selling while the company still has fungible assets, then leave the shell, with its employees to rot on the carcass. Sweet deal for the investors!! Not so good for those working at the company. I call them Vulture Capitalists.
Sometimes those companies that were closed
actually stayed open for some years before they finally closed because Bain was running them.

Yeah, because when Dubya was president, the wait time to go driving was three days. That, and the package cars handled better and got 5 miles more to the gallon. *********************

Hmmmm........word with 21 letters..............

images

BrownArmy

If Obama gets re-elected, that will be a long, long time....

Still waiting for the dis-like button.

You're in the greater Boston area, no? Do you remember the Romney governorship?

(I like how he sticks to his claim that he didn't raise taxes...true enough...he got his revenue through added 'fees').