Problem/Question with payrate

J93209

I started in December of 2014 as a loader, getting paid at 10.35 an hour. Got a raise when I went to the sort isle and now I get paid 11.35.. That is the only raise I have gotten so far. A friend of mine, got hired on the same day, loaded just as long as me and is still employed with ups. He too went to the sort isle and got a dollar raise. The only problem is that he got a .70¢ raise after working 70 days and I didn't. I know it wasn't performance based. It's definitely not seniority based as we both started on the same day. I don't understand what happened.

Is this something I should bring up to HR or am I wasting my time.
Thanks for your replies.

J93209

It's actually a .70 difference, and I don't care that there is a difference between me and him, I just want to be paid what I'm supposed to be getting paid.

*i created this account by logging in with my Facebook. Didn't think it was a big deal lmao

J93209

Good point. I'll ask more people if they got a raise after their 70 days of employment, before going to HR. He might be lying I guess.

upschuck

Never heard of a 70 day raise. Raises are yearly unitl you get past 4 years, then they happen Aug 1. Sounds like you are getting paid properly.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
*i created this account by logging in with my Facebook. Didn't think it was a big deal lmao

It kind of is a big deal.

You really don't want anybody to know who you really are. Rumor is, corporate sometimes monitors BC.

Never the less, it is against the terms of service.