Problem with doctor's note?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
You don't need a doctor note unless you are out 4 days in a row.

He is trying to intimidate you into not calling in sick again.

And I call in sick sometimes 10 days a year (2 and 3 days at a time) so as not to build up to 7 occurrences.

And there are years I don't call in sick at all.

It's a tough job.

I'll take the days off I need to so I can get better.
i worked up to 45 days many years ago and had to take 9 days a year or else they would cash out. my last 6 months i was calling out every monday and sometimes every monday and tuesday and sometimes friday.

they couldn't do anything about it.

8 Hour Day

Call off tomorrow and tell him you are going to the doctor's,so you can get a note!
Lol
I did just that with my last center manager. When I called in the next morning around 7am, he said to go ahead and come in without the note because they really needed me. I refused... told him (some of) the truth... if I cancelled appointment in under 24 hours, I'd be billed for the visit - not payable insurance.

I've been going to the same doctor for years. They faxed one to the ctr. mgr. without me even coming in.

Win!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
While you may know what the HIPPA law entails, your answer to BostonBo should have included "....but may not inquire as to the nature of the illness..."
I know... I should've, I could've, I would've if I wasn't ass tired from working 12.5 hours. Thankfully at least three other people have mentioned "....but may not inquire as to the nature of the illness..." I think it's covered now.

542thruNthru

i worked up to 45 days many years ago and had to take 9 days a year or else they would cash out. my last 6 months i was calling out every monday and sometimes every monday and tuesday and sometimes friday.

they couldn't do anything about it.

Must be different where you were. Here it doesn't matter how many days you got on the books. 7 occurrences was a warning letter and so on. Happens all the time here. People would complain that they had sick time but they would still start progressive discipline.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Must be different where you were. Here it doesn't matter how many days you got on the books. 7 occurrences was a warning letter and so on. Happens all the time here. People would complain that they had sick time but they would still start progressive discipline.
Seven occurrences in what time period?

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
You don't need a doctor note unless you are out 4 days in a row.

He is trying to intimidate you into not calling in sick again.

And I call in sick sometimes 10 days a year (2 and 3 days at a time) so as not to build up to 7 occurrences.

And there are years I don't call in sick at all.

It's a tough job.

I'll take the days off I need to so I can get better.
Is that when you still have option days left or is that after you use them all?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
v2kMzV.gif

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I'm sure it is different where you are at. has anyone challenged this management practice through the grievance procedure ? or is that practice in your supplemental contract?

our management team was always trying to get away with progressive discipline in certain matters. some of it was legit like being late at punch in , accidents, no call - no show and some were not legit which we fought with grievances. if you don't fight it may come under the "past practice" provision.