professional languageism? Yes sir...

NI3

Is it part of UPS protocol and emphasis? I noticed that supervisory personnel always refer to every person as "that gentleman/ladie" and always use sir/ma'am.

When a worker says something, supes respond by "yes sir?".

They say "too slow!" a lot, but that's about the worst I've seen.

UPSGUY72

Is it part of UPS protocol and emphasis? I noticed that supervisory personnel always refer to every person as "that gentleman/ladie" and always use sir/ma'am.

You have got to be kidding me. No Management personal in my area talks like that. In the building I started in the first thing that the dispatch manager tell you during your tour is that if you have virgin ears you might want to work somewhere else.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Professional language my a.....I mean, rear end. We're truck drivers/aspiring truck drivers. We swear all day every day at my hub

Indecisi0n

My center manager once told my preloader who did a wrong add/cut that "He was such a friend%$# up." I can't remember if he finished that with a "sir."

rod

Retired 22 years
Did he mean Fresh or marinated??

He didn't care--to him his employees weren't human--- they were just meat. Needless to say he didn't get a lot of respect and was eventually moved elsewhere - then finally was walked out the door for good when his drinking got the best of him. We all shed a tear when we heard that news.

You must work with nancy in la la land. I hope your bubble never pops.

Johney

I have heard that some centers have a "no swearing" policy. I may have heard that here can't remember.

Cursing is a barometer of how the day is going. When you get to work and every third or fourth word begins with friend, C, or S then you should probably cancel those early dinner plans.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Its another politically correct thing. I remember when I came to the center im at now, no one talked around me at all. They knew they would swear, I knew they would swear, I didnt care if they swore. It took a few months to clear that up.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We had a couple guys in the Marietta center (same building) talking and cursing up just like normal and the CMs bosses boss stuck his head in and told them to stop. One of the guys told him "This isn't a fing day care, we're not on the clock and you weren't invited to this conversation." The driver that confronted him don't know him from every other polo wearing manager and didn't really care. They terminated said employee for insubornation. Needless to say he got a paid week off of work.