Profits are up - but expenses are also-really?

Observer

Remember when they enacted the additional fuel surcharge on each package? Then the gas prices dropped for quite some time but it never went away. So, crying the blues is incorrect.
Also, the company now delivering to individuals more than commercial entities is not a good way to go. I suggest marketing take a look of all of Fed Ex inroads happening. Walgreens is now a place to drop your package. Of course your expenses will be more. You need that repeat business. Remember when the company lost JC Penney after the strike? Did they ever replace it - kind of doubt it.
I feel Abney better look into the wayback machine to see what was working when the company delivered more to businesses. It's amazing how corporate greed is starting to turn this company into something it shouldn't be.
Hopefully, more people will take more interest in some of the serious issues that are being discussed with this upcoming contract. Harassment and over 70 are BIG problems looming on the horizon. Any suggestions or comments on how we can get a decent contract this time?

Indecisi0n

Times are changing and UPS needs to change with them. The problem is most of these CEOs have their heads so far up their asses they won't realize that until late in the game.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Remember when they enacted the additional fuel surcharge on each package? Then the gas prices dropped for quite some time but it never went away. So, crying the blues is incorrect.
Also, the company now delivering to individuals more than commercial entities is not a good way to go. I suggest marketing take a look of all of Fed Ex inroads happening. Walgreens is now a place to drop your package. Of course your expenses will be more. You need that repeat business. Remember when the company lost JC Penney after the strike? Did they ever replace it - kind of doubt it.
I feel Abney better look into the wayback machine to see what was working when the company delivered more to businesses. It's amazing how corporate greed is starting to turn this company into something it shouldn't be.
Hopefully, more people will take more interest in some of the serious issues that are being discussed with this upcoming contract. Harassment and over 70 are BIG problems looming on the horizon. Any suggestions or comments on how we can get a decent contract this time?

Our contract will have no bearing on what direction Abney and the Board want to take UPS.
Outside of a revolt in Corporate Atlanta, all WE can do is hope WE are better off when the contract goes up for vote.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Nope

dudebro

This statement isn't true. The surcharge fluctuates with fuel prices. [ups.com]

You think.... the COMPANY is responsible for the shift from B-B to B-C volume? Have you heard of this funky new thing called the internet? People are shopping on it, so....

How well would you drive looking in the rear view mirror? The company has to respond to how things will change in the world, not try to relive 1975-1982.

Having said all that, I agree that we can afford to continue to pay our people well in the next contract.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

You think.... the COMPANY is responsible for the shift from B-B to B-C volume? Have you heard of this funky new thing called the internet? People are shopping on it, so....

How well would you drive looking in the rear view mirror? The company has to respond to how things will change in the world, not try to relive 1975-1982.

Having said all that, I agree that we can afford to continue to pay our people well in the next contract.
Better person than me.
The original post was so ignorant, I just laughed and went to the next thread.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The fuel surcharge is adjusted on a quarterly basis.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Better person than me.
The original post was so ignorant, I just laughed and went to the next thread.
My "Nope" was a dismissal and flippant.
I recognized and applauded @dudebro for taking the time to pick it apart step by step.
Like I said,
"Better person than me."
I admit this in this instance only.
I reserve the right to assert my claim to brilliance and thoroughness in the future.