Progressive discipline - what’s next?

Jesse652020

Just got a 1 day suspension for attendance. Never had a NCNS, just excessive sick days over the last 10 months. I had a verbal warning and write up and then was told I was suspended for 1 day for the write up (same occurrence). What comes next? Instant termination? How long before the write up or suspension “drops off”? Do warnings and suspensions stay forever or so they reset at some point?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
You need to grieve the warning letter/suspension.
They cannot combine them, as that breaks progressive discipline.

Keep your nose clean for 90 days, and you won't have to worry about this stuff anymore.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Also, even if the warning letter and suspension were different occurrences, grieve it anyway.
You will not serve your suspension until the grievance makes its way through the process, and odds are good it will get "downgraded" to some last, and final warning letter.

Jesse652020

You need to grieve the warning letter/suspension.
They cannot combine them, as that breaks progressive discipline.

Keep your nose clean for 90 days, and you won't have to worry about this stuff anymore.
I’m worried about retaliation. Supposed to serve the suspension today so I think it’s too late ?

Jesse652020

You need perfect attendance for 9 months for all that to go away
Does a pre-planned non-paid 3 day vacation (Scheduled for the end of July) count against me? If the part time supervisor agreed to it? Or should i just cancel the time off and come to work? (I have been there 10 months).

AwashBwashCwash

Does a pre-planned non-paid 3 day vacation (Scheduled for the end of July) count against me? If the part time supervisor agreed to it? Or should i just cancel the time off and come to work? (I have been there 10 months).

If they already agreed to it then it's just scheduled time off.
Did you get it in writing?

over9five

Staff member
How can you possibly be getting suspended for so many book offs in only 10 months of employment? Are you sure you WANT to work??

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Just got a 1 day suspension for attendance. Never had a NCNS, just excessive sick days over the last 10 months. I had a verbal warning and write up and then was told I was suspended for 1 day for the write up (same occurrence). What comes next? Instant termination? How long before the write up or suspension “drops off”? Do warnings and suspensions stay forever or so they reset at some point?

Why can’t you make it to work when you are scheduled?

542thruNthru

Where are you?

Exactly how many occurrences did you have?

How did you get a verbal, than a write up that was turned into a suspension?

What did your steward say?

Est.1998

what's your job title?

MattM

Here in the west. 1-3-5 then a working term. Each one can be grieved down. So a 1 goes back to a write-up. A three can go back down to a 1. And a 5 can become a three. How much do you actually want this job?

You can work the system for upwards of a year and yeah, it all resets every 9 months anyways. So many guys misbehave for a solid 3 months then behave, and rinse and repeat.