Promotion...no degree??

I recently was bumped up to PT Supervisor and I have been in school working on my degree, but I am not interested in what I am doing.
If I quit school, would I get fired, since I am no longer union protected, or will I just get demoted?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I recently was bumped up to PT Supervisor and I have been in school working on my degree, but I am not interested in what I am doing.
If I quit school, would I get fired, since I am no longer union protected, or will I just get demoted?

No you won't get fired for that, but you might,as well forget about advancement

At my building PT sups are loaders while a high seniority PTer watches. I mean demonstrates. For hours everyday.

No, at the air hub where I work, you are hired as a PT loader, temp. Then you can get hired perm as a PT loader. Then you go up to PT sup, then the next step is FT Sup. If I am lower than loaders, they must be pissed that I make 50% more an hour than they do now.

PT Car Washer

No, at the air hub where I work, you are hired as a PT loader, temp. Then you can get hired perm as a PT loader. Then you go up to PT sup, then the next step is FT Sup. If I am lower than loaders, they must be :censored2: that I make 50% more an hour than they do now.
You make $50/hr? Because a top rate unloader makes $33.60/hr. The same as a PT carwasher. My buddies make $34.65/hr because they are sorters.

Over 70

Dude loaders aren't lower than PT sups. PT sups are the lowest form of scum at UPS. I actually have pitty for my sups. They're all black and have been there a long time. Suckers. I throw the black in because there's almost zero black hourlies. It appears to me they are nothing more than tokens. Sad.

I heard them trying to recruit the only black kid on preload the other day. It was funny hearing other union members tell him how it's the worst decision you'll ever make in front of the sup lol