Proper training for a route

Is there anything about how much training one should receive when learning a new route?
I'm lucky to get 1 day on a route anymore, most of the time i'm just thrown out blind and working 12 hours...
Ideally id like to get 2-3days of training for a route....

no im awake

isnt that the job of an on road sup. giving proper training?

Running a route blind is embarrassing, walking around like an idiot asking people where to go
its not very professional for ups to not give adequate training

yes....this week i ran 2 different routes blind.... Clocked out at 9:30 both nights

I mean I dont mind doing a route blind if I have to. but im getting tired of them not training me

PT Car Washer

At this rate you will know all the routes inside of 6 months. Not trying to make fun of you because I know what you mean. Story of my life.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've got 7 year in and still get put on stuff blind. Doesn't help when u have one driver sup that actually knows a route.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I mean I dont mind doing a route blind if I have to. but im getting tired of them not training me

If you are a qualified driver, you've been trained. I know it sucks....

But, in the long run.... it will make you a better driver. Trust me.

In my building you would have more experience then most of the driver sups.

Thats funny. I saw one driver supe that couldn't figure out N,S,E, or W.

He didn't last long.

Did they get you into the correct truck? Training concluded.

Classic.

7.5 Years driving. Full time driver. Know 35 of the aprox 70 routes in my bldg. 33 of them I learned blind. One was my qualification route.

It took me about 3 years, to get a bid route. Bid the first "piece of crap" that came up.

I was trained on one route.... And learned 25 in the blind.... On Paper.

These young guys have it so easy now.... :raspberry-tounge:

​-Bug-

PT Car Washer

New driver sup: " I don't need to know how to read a map. I have a smart phone". She was doing a space and vis ride with me on a rural route that neither one of us was familiar with. I had fun with that one.

sigreq

The only route I was ever trained on was qualification route, after those 30 days it was welcome to the real world. Youre not gonna get trained on every route you run, man up and get a map. Best thing I'd say to do is start bidding on routes for guys going on vacation. At least you'll be on the same route for a week.

542thruNthru

Is there anything about how much training one should receive when learning a new route?
I'm lucky to get 1 day on a route anymore, most of the time i'm just thrown out blind and working 12 hours...

I know 28 routes in my center. The only route I've ever been trained on was during my first 30 day probation. To be honest with you. If I asked my on-road ever to go with me he would laugh in my face. I'm not trying to take a stab at you but that's the job. Being sent out cold is what we do when you don't have your own route. Me personally I kinda like it. Gets the blood going and makes the day interesting.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I know 28 routes in my center. The only route I've ever been trained on was during my first 30 day probation. To be honest with you. If I asked my on-road ever to go with me he would laugh in my face. I'm not trying to take a stab at you but that's the job. Being sent out cold is what we do when you don't have your own route. Me personally I kinda like it. Gets the blood going and makes the day interesting.

That sounds normal.
I became a swing driver on my 23rd day after getting approved on my 22 day pack.
I was told I would never go out on a route blind and my sup rode with me for 3 hours on my 23rd day.
I was never ridden with again in the year and 34 routes later before I went into management.
It's good to see some of the old things have not changed.