Proposal Analysis?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Does the Union have professionals analyze and report on new proposals before allowing them to enter negotiations?

For example, the Hybrid driver. One would expect the foresight to pick apart everything pro and con, advantages and disadvantages, and potential abuses. Who benefits and who may be negatively affected?

I do not know if the union operates in a business fashion like this? My gut feeling is no.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Does the Union have professionals analyze and report on new proposals before allowing them to enter negotiations?

For example, the Hybrid driver. One would expect the foresight to pick apart everything pro and con, advantages and disadvantages, and potential abuses. Who benefits and who may be negatively affected?

I do not know if the union operates in a business fashion like this? My gut feeling is no.

I thought that was what you did?
You mean you just do that on here

DirtySouth

The process goes a little like this:

Denis T walks into a dimly lit room. There are scented candles scattered all over. The $50 vanilla bean Yankee candles can barely mask the stench of KY Jelly and 30 year old scotch.

David Abney is sitting, half naked, on a stool in front of an enormous pile of money. He smiles and tells Denis: "Your members will never get this. UPS can't afford to pay part timers $15 an hour until 2022. Now, be a good boy for me." Denis nods dumbly and proceeds to don his ball gag.

Well, it doesn't go quite like that. But Denis repeatedly met on his own with the company and allegedly came up with the 22.4's and most of the economic proposals on his own while we spent tens of thousands of dollars in dues money sending negotiating committee members all over the country to barely meet with the company and merely talk amongst themselves.

Wally

Yes.

They are called "elected Union Officials".

:biggrin:

The Union employs a battery of lawyers.

This is common knowledge.

-Bug-
Lawyers do not analyze jobs. What them can do is take recommendation from those that do, and insert protective language on those findings.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I want to why, even though they have a "handshake ageement", the IBT feels they still can't release the details?

I don't see why unresolved supplements would proclude these details being released?
If anything, it would give these supplental negotiators an opportunity to sew up any perceived loose ends in the National Master.

Enough already, we've been patient and even gave the National Negotiating Committee blind, carte blanche strike authorization.....wtf???

oldngray

nowhere special
I want to why, even though they have a "handshake ageement", the IBT feels they still can't release the details?

I don't see why unresolved supplements would proclude these details being released?
If anything, it would give these supplental negotiators an opportunity to sew up any perceived loose ends in the National Master.

Enough already, we've been patient and even gave the National Negotiating Committee blind, carte blanche strike authorization.....wtf???
It smells like they might be trying to use media pressure to sell a not so good contract. After press releases making it sound like a done deal it would make members look bad if they vote against it.

I see what you are asking. Yes.

Like BUG said, they are called elected officials and like you said, they get help from the union lawyers that also help and no the language...

The final judge is you as the member to see what really is the pro and con. Your vote is the final say on what to do next!

Wally

I see what you are asking. Yes.

Like BUG said, they are called elected officials and like you said, they get help from the union lawyers that also help and no the language...

The final judge is you as the member to see what really is the pro and con. Your vote is the final say on what to do next!
I just wonder then, if they are making decisions based pn political motives?

oldngray

nowhere special
analysis?

pointofview.png

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

I called the union hall and voted no