Prospective Drivers Now In Integrad/Qualifying - Forced Into 22.4?

Snack

I'll be heading to Integrad soon, and a comment in another thread has me spooked.

I signed a permanent package car driver bid sheet in August. I'm currently communicating with HR about uniforms and lodging. Before signing the bid sheet, I specifically looked for any language mentioning the proposed 22.4 position. There was none.

First, let's assume that 22.4's become a reality, and then let's assume that I go the distance and qualify. Can management force me into a 22.4 role even though it didn't exist when I signed the bid?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I'll be heading to Integrad soon, and a comment in another thread has me spooked.

I signed a permanent package car driver bid sheet in August. I'm currently communicating with HR about uniforms and lodging. Before signing the bid sheet, I specifically looked for any language mentioning the proposed 22.4 position. There was none.

First, let's assume that 22.4's become a reality, and then let's assume that I go the distance and qualify. Can management force me into a 22.4 role even though it didn't exist when I signed the bid?
Your guess is as good as anyone else

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
no because they’re not official yet

don’t expect any 22.4’s until after peak

after peak i imagine all the good seasonals will be offered 22.4 positions

UnconTROLLed

perfection
no because they’re not official yet

don’t expect any 22.4’s until after peak

after peak i imagine all the good seasonals will be offered 22.4 positions
22.4 would be no different than 22.3 jobs...* : 1 ratio and highest PT seniority wins rights to take a driving test and go to integrad. Is that incorrect? These are hybrid bastardized combo jobs...

Jasoonis

My local leadership said "If you have not obtained seniority by Aug 1 2018, you will be a 22.4 Combo Driver" also, every driver hired will be a 22.4 until the 25% threshold is met.

upschuck

What did the bid you signed say?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
22.4 would be no different than 22.3 jobs...* : 1 ratio and highest PT seniority wins rights to take a driving test and go to integrad. Is that incorrect? These are hybrid bastardized combo jobs...
that’s my understanding

My local leadership said "If you have not obtained seniority by Aug 1 2018, you will be a 22.4 Combo Driver" also, every driver hired will be a 22.4 until the 25% threshold is met.
did your BA say that or just some steward?
there is still time after aug 1 to achieve seniority, i don’t buy that those people would be forced to be 22.4

if that’s true, your union has absolutely sold you guys down the :censored2:ter

Snack

What did the bid you signed say?
I can’t recall specifics, but it looked to me to be the same template that has been posted for at least the last 2 years. It was for a permanent package car driver position as opposed to the seasonal driver sheet that was posted a couple weeks before.

km3

did your BA say that or just some steward?
there is still time after aug 1 to achieve seniority, i don’t buy that those people would be forced to be 22.4

if that’s true, your union has absolutely sold you guys down the :censored2:ter

I honestly don't see how they can force you into a bid you didn't sign. You sign as a FT driver, qualify as a FT driver, you're a FT driver. It's that simple.

Ask that person why they're rushing to fill the 25% maximum before filling the existing, PROTECTED, RPCD jobs.

Brown_Star

Methods Man

Was the bid sheet for Tuesday thru Saturday or Monday for Friday? Take a picture of bid sheet for your own records.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
I can’t recall specifics, but it looked to me to be the same template that has been posted for at least the last 2 years. It was for a permanent package car driver position as opposed to the seasonal driver sheet that was posted a couple weeks before.
Moving forward take a picture of all bid sheets you sign! The end....

542thruNthru

I honestly don't see how they can force you into a bid you didn't sign. You sign as a FT driver, qualify as a FT driver, you're a FT driver. It's that simple.

Ask that person why they're rushing to fill the 25% maximum before filling the existing, PROTECTED, RPCD jobs.

Because after Aug 1st 2018 only the current RPCD jobs will be protected. So per the language they have met their numbers because only the RPCDs that made seniority before Aug 1st 2018 are protected.

Screenshot_20180913-021824.png

This is the way I understand it.

upschuck

You are what that bid says you are, and since they don't exist yet, then you are a rpcd. That's is unless they put some fine print on the bid that stated you'd be moved to 22.4, which I'm sure would have been highlighted by another teamster or something.