"Protected status" on Package car drivers cut off date

KhalDan

I have a question about the alleged protected status of regular package car drivers under this new contract.

To be classified as "protected", would your full time seniority date need to be before Aug 1, 2018 or is it just before ratification?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I have a question about the alleged protected status of regular package car drivers under this new contract.To be classified as "protected", would your full time seniority date need to be before Aug 1, 2018 or is it just before ratification?

The drivers are not "protected" the "work" is, or supposed to be, we'll see, I have my doubts.

The way the contract proposal was worded makes many of us believe that this number will only be the number of routes in Monday through Friday. Because many places already had Saturday delivery in place, Mondays ran 1/2 the number of routes of Thursdays and Fridays. Therefore many of us believe that the number of "protected" driver positions will be that number of routes run on Monday of that particular week of Aug 1, 2018.

And before BUG comes in here and says, "thats not true, you are not a Union official, therefore you don't know more than me:" This is exactly what they did with the number of 8 hour requests. The number granted per week went done when drivers were shifted to T-S because Monday routes were decreased. The union said, "ok, that seems fair," because the union doesn't give a :censored2: as long as they keep getting the dues, insurance monies, and the pension monies!

reginald95

When they say protected they mean that if a full-time driver retires and he held that job before the new contract, ups has to replace that position with another regular package car driver not a 22.4

Indecisi0n

I have a question about the alleged protected status of regular package car drivers under this new contract.

To be classified as "protected", would your full time seniority date need to be before Aug 1, 2018 or is it just before ratification?
I'll protect you .

542thruNthru

The drivers are not "protected" the "work" is, or supposed to be, we'll see, I have my doubts.

The way the contract proposal was worded makes many of us believe that this number will only be the number of routes in Monday through Friday. Because many places already had Saturday delivery in place, Mondays ran 1/2 the number of routes of Thursdays and Fridays. Therefore many of us believe that the number of "protected" driver positions will be that number of routes run on Monday of that particular week of Aug 1, 2018.

And before BUG comes in here and says, "thats not true, you are not a Union official, therefore you don't know more than me:" This is exactly what they did with the number of 8 hour requests. The number granted per week went done when drivers were shifted to T-S because Monday routes were decreased. The union said, "ok, that seems fair," because the union doesn't give a :censored2: as long as they keep getting the dues, insurance monies, and the pension monies!

I politely disagree. The contract says RPCDs working M-friend not routes in M-friend. Here we have 80 RPCDs scheduled to work M-friend but only 65 routes.
Screenshot_20181228-121854.png

I understand your skepticism I'm just saying I don't believe it will be based off routes in because that's not what the language says.

Benben

I politely disagree. The contract says RPCDs working M-friend not routes in M-friend. Here we have 80 RPCDs scheduled to work M-friend but only 65 routes.
View attachment 228148

I understand your skepticism I'm just saying I don't believe it will be based off routes in because that's not what the language says.

Not arguing here just just questioning so please don't feel attacked!

If you have 80 drivers running 65 routes throughout the week, When Saturday delivery (beyond Sat air that has been in place for decades) came to your center how many routes were then run on Mondays when Saturdays robed Monday's residential volume? I would guess close to 40'ish on Mondays (this is just a guess on my part comparing my center's driver numbers to your's.

So it can be argued that the number of "RPCD's" "working" a Monday through Friday schedule is 40 can it not? You have 80 drivers with seniority but only 40 work on Mondays.

Please reread the first sentence of the article you posted. I do not know how long you have been at UPS, it's not my business, but I ask you this:

With what you have seen and experienced while at UPS what are the odds that this is the EXACT STANCE THE COMPANY WILL TAKE?

ps. I have retyped the above no less than 3 times in an attempt not to be misconstrued as being an attack instead of just posing a question.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
View attachment 228148

Seems like way too many moving parts to me???

....kind of like the 22.3 "shell game", but worse.

It makes puke rise up up in the back of my throat thinking that my Local Officials will be a variable in this eventual equation.

Benben

It makes puke rise up up in the back of my throat thinking that my Local Officials will be a variable in this eventual equation.

Kind of like ours who took a vacay the last 3 weeks of December while the management went to town with pending terms for :censored2: as petty as calling in on a Saturday for only the second time in 2018?