25 years old, Been a PT package handler 5 years now, looking to go to school and work where my entire family relocated in Florida, i currently work in California. i know my seniority would go to the bottom with an academic transfer as it should, but does anyone know what would happen with my pension/benefits/PTO? They have removed our HR from my building so it’s been difficult to get answers.

Staydryitsraining

Your pension would transfer over to your new union. Good news is your wait time to drive probably just got cut 70% or more considering how many people are moving to Florida vs how stagnant everything is in CA. Dont expect your union in Florida to be as strong as CA meaning the small things will probably be different. Go to Florida sign up for school you'll pay the out of state tuition fees. Show your people in CA. Wait on Florida ups to approve the transfer, drop the courses asap in hopes you get a refund. You probably will loose a week of paid off also.

Your pension would transfer over to your new union. Good news is your wait time to drive probably just got cut 70% or more considering how many people are moving to Florida vs how stagnant everything is in CA. Dont expect your union in Florida to be as strong as CA meaning the small things will probably be different. Go to Florida sign up for school you'll pay the out of state tuition fees. Show your people in CA. Wait on Florida ups to approve the transfer, drop the courses asap in hopes you get a refund. You probably will loose a week of paid off also.
Awesome, good to know thanks for the information! I would keep my same benefits as well healthcare wise? Blue cross blue shield aetna

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
You aren’t going anywhere
✊🧔

542thruNthru

His pension will not transfer over It's two different pensions. He will be vested in the Western Teamster conference and then start a new pension in the Southern.
Yes that shouldn't change.
His health benefits absolutely will change. He will be moving from the The Western conference & local 177 healthcare to whatever they having the southern region which I'm guessing is Teamcare.

542thruNthru

25 years old, Been a PT package handler 5 years now, looking to go to school and work where my entire family relocated in Florida, i currently work in California. i know my seniority would go to the bottom with an academic transfer as it should, but does anyone know what would happen with my pension/benefits/PTO? They have removed our HR from my building so it’s been difficult to get answers.
When transfering it's on the member to call the local he will be transferring to and ask these questions. Your pension, healthcare, pay rate and many other things will change if it's different in that local.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
His pension will not transfer over It's two different pensions. He will be vested in the Western Teamster conference and then start a new pension in the Southern.

His health benefits absolutely will change. He will be moving from the The Western conference & local 177 healthcare to whatever they having the southern region which I'm guessing is Teamcare.
Western Conference covers PT pension and healthcare? Thought that was run by UPS.

542thruNthru

Western Conference covers PT pension and healthcare? Thought that was run by UPS.
Western Conference has always covered PTers for pension. When the 2013 contract took us all out of the UPS healthcare and we didn't want to be part of Teamcare, PTers and FTers both went into the Teamster Western Region and 177 healthcare.

Staydryitsraining

I was under the impression that only new England if anyone, was the only area that didnt get Teamcare.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
YOU ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE , LOL
✊🧔

Thanks for the info!