PT air driver working saturdays but not FT

derrick

i just found out the part air driver is working 6 days a week but I'm full time and I was never asked if I could work. Can I file on this and get the Saturday work?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
i just found out the part air driver is working 6 days a week but I'm full time and I was never asked if I could work. Can I file on this and get the Saturday work?
Off the top of my head, No.
I'm pretty sure this is covered in Article 40; and as long as the PT air driver is only delivering/picking up air pkgs, not a contract violation.

PT Car Washer

I and several other PT worked 6 days a week for over 20 years delivering Saturday Air. The only time a FT worked was when we were short. After UPS started Saturday ground, the job was no longer as much fun.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
"Article 40 section 1

(k) Saturday or Sunday Air Work
(1) To perform Saturday or Sunday air work the Employer and the Union recognize the need for air drivers other than those regularly scheduled. Qualifed part-time employees who are interested in performing this work will so notify the Employer, be certifed and be placed in seniority order on a posted qualifed air driver list. Such work will be frst offered in seniority order to employees on the qualifed list who have not worked more than thirty-seven (37) hours in the current week. This work shall then be offered in senior- ity order to qualifed part-time employees regardless of hours worked. If the scheduling needs still cannot be met, and additional employees are needed, the Employer may force qualifed part-time employees in reverse seniority order.
(2) These employees shall be paid at the air driver’s straight-time rate of pay in accordance with Section 6 below. Time and one-half (1-1/2) will be paid after eight (8) hours per day or after forty (40) hours per week.
(3) All employees working as an air driver on Saturday or Sunday under this Section shall have a three (3) hour guarantee.
(l) References in this Article to an air driver, part-time or full-time, include employees who on a scheduled basis, perform (1) only air driving work, or, (2) air driving work in combination with other bargaining unit work."