PT Air to Full time Air

Braman55

Crazy question..does a bid part time air driver, have the right to a full time air bid, if he has less seniority than a full time pcd?

There is an argument about this bc they are saying the pt has seniority in the article 40 job already.

Thanks for any insight.

542thruNthru

Crazy question..does a bid part time air driver, have the right to a full time air bid, if he has less seniority than a full time pcd?

There is an argument about this bc they are saying the pt has seniority in the article 40 job already.

Thanks for any insight.

I would say no.

He has more seniority than you and you're both biding for a different job. I've never heard of "air" seniority. I've heard of classification seniority. You're not bidding a route. You're bidding a full time position.

Braman55

I would say no.

He has more seniority than you and you're both biding for a different job. I've never heard of "air" seniority. I've heard of classification seniority. You're not bidding a route. You're bidding a full time position.

I see it that way too! But you say classification seniority..well the pt has classification bc they both article 40. There is a fierce fight going on and one guy is maintaining that the PT is an article 40 job so he gets preference. The only way the FT PCD could get is it if it’s a 22.3 job. I have no dog in this fight. But it seems they’ve won certain things. For example- when FT AD is on vacation or calls in...a FT PCD would fill in. The PT grieved it and won. Now, PT AD fill in for the FT AD. Because they’re both Article 40.

542thruNthru

I see it that way too! But you say classification seniority..well the pt has classification bc they both article 40. There is a fierce fight going on and one guy is maintaining that the PT is an article 40 job so he gets preference. The only way the FT PCD could get is it if it’s a 22.3 job. I have no dog in this fight. But it seems they’ve won certain things. For example- when FT AD is on vacation or calls in...a FT PCD would fill in. The PT grieved it and won. Now, PT AD fill in for the FT AD. Because they’re both Article 40.

I'd need more details. Don't know your supplemental language.

Here Air driving goes by company seniority. FT or PT doeant matter. It might be different where you are but I don't see how a lower seniority PT AD can beat out a higher seniority employee just because he delivers air. BA would have to show me solid language or I'd be in someone's A@S

Braman55

I’d be pissed too. But the Air drivers won the grievance to cover. I didn’t think that was winnable. They lost the one to cover for the guy that shuttles the air from the airport and building bc he was a 22.3. So when he’s out a FT PCD fills in.

542thruNthru

I’d be :censored2: too. But the Air drivers won the grievance to cover. I didn’t think that was winnable. They lost the one to cover for the guy that shuttles the air from the airport and building bc he was a 22.3. So when he’s out a FT PCD fills in.

The grievance may have been won because of classification seniority.

Braman55

So, if they have classification seniority do they get first dibs on ft air job? I know it sounds crazy, but that’s where the conversation keeps ending up. Say you bid a 22.3 combo job.Two years later a guy with more seniority that has usually passed on it finally bids a 22.3 combo job. Well, the guy that bid first has more seniority than guy thatvwaited two years. Right?

542thruNthru

So, if they have classification seniority do they get first dibs on ft air job? I know it sounds crazy, but that’s where the conversation keeps ending up. Say you bid a 22.3 combo job.Two years later a guy with more seniority that has usually passed on it finally bids a 22.3 combo job. Well, the guy that bid first has more seniority than guy thatvwaited two years. Right?

Again this would depend on your supplemental language. PT air drivers here are just preloader that have the most seniority and preform the job. FT AD here would be either a 22.3 or a FT driver.

Braman55

Ok. No we actually have 7 bid PT Early AM drivers. They deliver EAM’s and NDA. Sorry I wasn’t clear on that. These guys are not exception air drivers. Their job is strictly running air PT