PT cell phone ban

Cementups

Box Monkey
I have a phone to keep in touch [edit] as other drivers. We need to call each other to determine where we are meeting up for lunch.

This is why they will never turn on the ability in the DIAD for us to be able to talk to each other. It's there, they just won't allow us to use it, knowing that drivers will end up using it to schedule lunch and weekend golf outings.

whiskers

What about sups using cell phones? I saw a sup tell a PTer no phones are allowed while they are on their cell having a personal conversation.

FAVREFAN

who do you really have to talk to in 3 to 4 hours. for decades we didnt have cell phones , if you have to talk to someone that bad get a job as a 411 operator and dont use the excuse oh some in family needs me and all the other crap I say ban them,
I work 5 hours at UPS and I have a full time day job and 2 properties. I need to have access to my phone. That's why. It's all or none in my opinion. There are plenty of moms/dads working at UPS as a second job, no reason they can't have access to respond to an issue quickly if need be. Everyone should have the equal right to have it or none should. JMHO.

whiskers

I agree all or none.

Does anyone know what the policy is on management having cell phones? I know it's not a contractual violation, but maybe against UPS policy? anyone, Hoaxster?

cino321

I work 5 hours at UPS and I have a full time day job and 2 properties. I need to have access to my phone. That's why. It's all or none in my opinion. There are plenty of moms/dads working at UPS as a second job, no reason they can't have access to respond to an issue quickly if need be. Everyone should have the equal right to have it or none should. JMHO.

Go to Loss Prevention to get a pass. If you give them a reasonable situation they are understanding. I had one when I worked PT.

I agree all or none.

Does anyone know what the policy is on management having cell phones? I know it's not a contractual violation, but maybe against UPS policy? anyone, Hoaxster?

They're the boss they can do what they want. They communicate that way with each other anyway.

Notcool

Every pt in our hub uses cell phones we are productive and have no problems I even took a picture of my sup standing on packages while putting up a load strap lol

Cementups

Box Monkey
Every pt in our hub uses cell phones we are productive and have no problems I even took a picture of my sup standing on packages while putting up a load strap lol

Is that so you can file a grievance against him for doing hourly work that you should have been doing instead of taking his picture?