PT ODC sup or Restaurant manager

Bhang083

I was hired to be a pt ODC sup off the street, but received an offer to be a restaurant manager a day later. The odc pays $16 at 27.5 hrs per week. The restaurant job pays base salary of $48k and I'll work 5 ten hour shifts. I've been a restaurant manager for years and I'm trying to find a different career, but will the opportunity be worth it if I have to be pt for at least a year? I have a college degree already, looking to advance in a career company.

What would you do?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I was hired to be a pt ODC sup off the street, but received an offer to be a restaurant manager a day later. The odc pays $16 at 27.5 hrs per week. The restaurant job pays base salary of $48k and I'll work 5 ten hour shifts. I've been a restaurant manager for years and I'm trying to find a different career, but will the opportunity be worth it if I have to be pt for at least a year? I have a college degree already, looking to advance in a career company.

What would you do?
Take the restaurant job.....

ManInBrown

LOLOL. You have to love this forum. Nothing like asking complete strangers, advice for a potentially very important life decision.

This type of thread only ranks second to the thread, of someone asking specific questions about there building instead of just asking their steward

By The Book

LOLOL. You have to love this forum. Nothing like asking complete strangers, advice for a potentially very important life decision.

This type of thread only ranks second to the thread, of someone asking specific questions about there building instead of just asking their steward
People trust UPS drivers and value their opinions

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

What would you do?
Take the restaurant job and sling weed out the back door you'll make buku bucks

542thruNthru

What would you do?

I don't know the building you're looking at but we have tons of PT supes with college degrees. Yes it will help buy not nearly as much as you might think (depending on the size of your building).

Very rarely do we have a PT supe go full time under 5 years here. So if you can work PT for 3 to 5 years and be happy go for it.

Good luck with your decision.

(P.S. we have many PT supes with degrees that have been PT for 10-15 years)

watdaflock?

What would you do?
Depends on the restaurant and who you'll be reporting to.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I don't know the building you're looking at but we have tons of PT supes with college degrees. Yes it will help buy not nearly as much as you might think (depending on the size of your building).

Very rarely do we have a PT supe go full time under 5 years here. So if you can work PT for 3 to 5 years and be happy go for it.

Good luck with your decision.

(P.S. we have many PT supes with degrees that have been PT for 10-15 years)
Soooooooooooooooo, like I said. Take the restaurant job.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

What would you do?
What's the deal with restaurant workers and smoking? You always see staff behind the place taking a drag. Seems they all love the smokes?

Over 70

Ok upstate Dave, please weight in, correct me and let your unquestioned, omnipresent wisdom shine down since you clicked disagree on my half joking statement.