PT Package Handerl

ronin61dk

Hey guys im sure you hear this all the time but I was looking to apply at UPS for the part time package hander in Ann Arbor Michigan but I am really wondering what is going on with the hours. Before i sent the application in it stated the shifts, one being like around 4:30 to 8:30am or something (not exact) and the other being like an evening shift lets say around 4:30 to 8:30pm i dont remember what it was. but my question is, is this job restricted to just those times? the only reason i ask is i have 2 days during the week that i have night classes and obviously i cant work evenings then. Does UPS have mid day shifts or morning shifts like 8am to 12pm or something? It also said 5 days a week, do they allow working longer ays to replace say those 2 days i couldnt work nights? working that crack of the dawn one wouldnt work for me. and 20 hours a week at the most it says, can you do more?

Just dont wanna waste the time of someone by applying and not being able to do it.

thanks hope this makes sense.

aspenleaf

Hey guys im sure you hear this all the time but I was looking to apply at UPS for the part time package hander in Ann Arbor Michigan but I am really wondering what is going on with the hours. Before i sent the application in it stated the shifts, one being like around 4:30 to 8:30am or something (not exact) and the other being like an evening shift lets say around 4:30 to 8:30pm i dont remember what it was. but my question is, is this job restricted to just those times? the only reason i ask is i have 2 days during the week that i have night classes and obviously i cant work evenings then. Does UPS have mid day shifts or morning shifts like 8am to 12pm or something? It also said 5 days a week, do they allow working longer ays to replace say those 2 days i couldnt work nights? working that crack of the dawn one wouldnt work for me. and 20 hours a week at the most it says, can you do more?

Just dont wanna waste the time of someone by applying and not being able to do it.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

You will be expected to work the shift you pick. So if you can't work 2 nights then really you can't do that shift. My area has more shifts than you listed so I am not sure what your place has available. We have the following shifts: sunrise 3:30 – 8:30 am; noonday 12:30-4:30 (M-Thurs. and 4-9:30 pm Sun); twilight 5:30-10:00; and midnight 10:30-3:00 am (the times vary based upon volume). You can go to the interview and ask your questions to the HR representative. The work is very physical and you need to be there each day. If you decide to try it good luck but there are other jobs that will let you work the days you want.

LKLND3380

Sounds like a smaller center only offering two shifts OR those are the only shifts with openings...

It may be 4:30 to 8:30 but the times could vary and be 2:00 to 9:00 or 4:30 to 8:00.

You could get as little as 17 1/2 hours and as much as 30 hours for the holidays.

CTOTH

Not retired, just tired

You need to find another employer - bottom line.

Good luck finding a job that pays decent and only makes you come in when it's convenient for you.

W

westsideworma

You need to find another employer - bottom line.

Good luck finding a job that pays decent and only makes you come in when it's convenient for you.

well most PT jobs don't have you work everyday on a set schedule, I think thats more what the poster was wondering.

Also other than benefits, UPS doesn't really pay much (if any) better than other places to start, least here in Mass.

Original Poster: unfortunately it doesn't work that way, you have to work whatever shift you are hired on for. Each shift is like a different job (not really but in a way it is) as there are different managers and supervisors for each one so therefore you can't pick which time to work on each day. this is basically a full time job with part time hours.