PT Package Handler, holidays + vacation question

Legitimyze

I have been working as a package handler for about 3 weeks now. I thought I was told we dont work major holidays, those are un-paid correct? And will I ever get personal/vacation days being part time?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have been working as a package handler for about 3 weeks now. I thought I was told we dont work major holidays, those are un-paid correct? And will I ever get personal/vacation days being part time?
Yes....you will get personal days, a week's vacation and paid holidays after a year.

BigBeef42

Yes you get paid vacation weeks and paid sick days.

Once you earn seniority talk with your supe about the details.

We usually get major holidays off.

I always take a home a free ups calendar (ask around to get one) and they always have the ups holidays posted.

Sent using USPS

By The Book

Talk to your steward. If you don't know who it is ask another part timer that has been there a long time. You have to work so much time to get these benefits.

Legitimyze

Talk to your steward. If you don't know who it is ask another part timer that has been there a long time. You have to work so much time to get these benefits.

Ok thanks, you mean so much time as in a certain amount of hours per week? Or like everyone else said 1 year?

I have told to come in every day so far, as long as that doesnt change I should be good. About 4 hours per day