PT Preload/Air Driver Going feeder.!

Alex805

So I was recently awarded a Backup Feeder position. Should be starting my training soon. I have so many questions.

Has anyone ever gone PT into feeder like me?

1- Will I become FT now that I have the Job.
2- Will I stay in Preload? Or is there a better sort I should be on for more driving opportunity/Available to drive.
3- Do I keep my Air Bid Job or should I give it up. As to not get in the way for DOT.

So I was recently awarded a Backup Feeder position. Should be starting my training soon. I have so many questions.

2- Will I stay in Preload? Or is there a better sort I should be on for more driving opportunity/Available to drive.
3- Do I keep my Air Bid Job or should I give it up. As to not get in the way for DOT.
Sounds like you won the lottery. Too many questions and worries before you actually qualify , for the job. Once you go Feeders, you never go back to a PT job.

Alex805

22.4 feeder position:

Here's y'alls trailers!

Ok, start unloading.
Not sure what this means.
Bid sheets went up in October no one signed them but me because no one wanted it.
2 weeks ago they went back up and they were flooded with FT drivers and I was sure I was screwed. But I was given the position from being the only one In October.

OrionIsDaddy

You will still work preload. Feeders will call you in when they need you, they'll let you know the night before preload or may even pull you off preload during the sort if they need you on a run...even better, you get called to cover someone's run for the whole week while they are on vacation.

You are still part time on preload covered by your preload vacation/sick time etc.

When you work Feeders you are guaranteed 8. When you work preload you are guaranteed your 3.5 or whatever your supplement says.

Be careful if you have another job after preload, you will need to watch your DOT hours of service, reset times, etc

Alex805

You will still work preload. Feeders will call you in when they need you, they'll let you know the night before preload or may even pull you off preload during the sort if they need you on a run...even better, you get called to cover someone's run for the whole week while they are on vacation.

You are still part time on preload covered by your preload vacation/sick time etc.

When you work Feeders you are guaranteed 8. When you work preload you are guaranteed your 3.5 or whatever your supplement says.

Be careful if you have another job after preload, you will need to watch your DOT hours of service, reset times, etc
I’m currently working my Air I’d job that I may keep or just give up if it gets in the way of any DOT hours.

Alex805

Dont start spending feeder money quite yet either...I know cover feeders that have gone a month without driving
I don’t spend anything me and my wife have a small business that pays the bills. UPS was only intended for health insurance but is now blossomed into a great career/Retirement plan.

MrFeeder

Once you make Feeder, you’re not going back. I would suggest staying in the relief list where you bid a route per week but the pro is you get to keep your Bid Air job route.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
If no one sr to you took it , you qualify
Pass your 80 hours of on road , you’ll be bumped up into the job , you’ll probably have to go through progression pay and you may only be out to cover vaca starting in early May !! If they bring in temps for summer or peak cover , you will get their pay , if a full time rte not availed and they’re borrowing you , you could be sent back to your old job !
good luck , congrats and I hope this helps

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun

No. No one has ever gone from PT to feeders. You are the first!! How does it feel??? Please report back how it is in the other side. Thanks in advance.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I went part time shifter to cover feeder. Never missed a day in feeders until I was full time. Took about a year.

Alex805

Well I made it passed feeder school with no major issues. Time to go back to presort for a week and wait on the calls from dispatch.

Last edited: