PT preload, air driver going to 22.3 tues-sat combo questions

Cfo33

sorry if this is a regurgitated topic, I did do a search but still could not find exact clarity on this matter

ART BID COMBO AIR/INS is my title in my profile

I had been PT at UPS for 12 years, started air driving Saturdays and occasionally during the week...I finally got through the painful 2 year air progression on 1/31/18 (was taking a $5 pay cut to deliver air and saturdays versus my inside rate)

2 weeks later I secured a 22.3 ART BID COMBO AIR/INS is what my classification is
I was told by management I would not have to start any progression over, and that my air rate would remain top air rate during the week and while working Saturdays (i do airport run and then deliver like I used to in the past at a PT air driver)

was I told incorrectly? It seems I am now only being paid my inside rate for hours worked on Saturday....

I asked all of my questions and thought I had addressed my hesitations before I signed and now things are not appearing to be as I was told.

Can someone clarify with handbook language what is supposed to be correct?

Thank you!

542thruNthru

sorry if this is a regurgitated topic, I did do a search but still could not find exact clarity on this matter

I had been PT at UPS for 12 years, started air driving Saturdays and occasionally during the week...I finally got through the painful 2 year air progression on 1/31/18 (was taking a $5 pay cut to deliver air and saturdays versus my inside rate)

2 weeks later I secured a 22.3 ART BID COMBO AIR/INS is what my classification is
I was told by management I would not have to start any progression over, and that my air rate would remain top air rate during the week and while working Saturdays (i do airport run and then deliver like I used to in the past at a PT air driver)

was I told incorrectly? It seems I am now only being paid my inside rate for hours worked on Saturday....

I asked all of my questions and thought I had addressed my hesitations before I signed and now things are not appearing to be as I was told.

Thank you!

You may want to give information about what region and supplement you are under. This will help to better answer your question. everywhere is different

Thank you!
Are you coding it our correctly in the DIAD?

542thruNthru

Under my supplement you would be paid the highest of the two rates as long as you performed the job with the highest rate for at least one hour.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
why bother saying this I said I already searched and read, on top of asking management to clarify, I cannot find the wording that pertains to this hence the post, just move along next time.
Management will lie to you.
It is all explained in your Applicable Contract and Supplement.

So READ your Contract.

PizzaToUps

okay okay, I'm on it thank you
What ever happened with your pay rate? I was an air driver for 4 years, hit top rate as a part time air driver in the previous contract. I accepted a 22.3 combo air/inside and now they are making me drop down to $17 an hour because part time air progression is different than full time air progression

What ever happened with your pay rate? I was an air driver for 4 years, hit top rate as a part time air driver in the previous contract. I accepted a 22.3 combo air/inside and now they are making me drop down to $17 an hour because part time air progression is different than full time air progression
You should still be red circle for your air rate when you're driving

PizzaToUps

Time to file a grievance
I did. Company is adamant about article 40 section 6 subsection (friend) as seen here. They are claiming that I am not a full time air driver, I’m a combination driver so subsection c doesn’t apply to me for red circle purposes. If I am to be paid in the full time air driving scale, wouldn’t that mean I’m a full time air driver?

Attachments

• 98C05454-5F4D-4D00-B637-2CACDE1B58DC.jpeg
    98C05454-5F4D-4D00-B637-2CACDE1B58DC.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 173

PizzaToUps

Does a full time 22.3 air combo/inside not count as a full time air driving position? Here is subsection c’s language. I’m trying to use this language to get me red circled. I feel that I should be locked in at the top part time air rate until I hit the 4 years full time progression since I do need to go through full time progression

Attachments

• E08FEEF1-9783-40FF-90D1-06F7A840195C.jpeg
    E08FEEF1-9783-40FF-90D1-06F7A840195C.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 174
I did. Company is adamant about article 40 section 6 subsection (friend) as seen here. They are claiming that I am not a full time air driver, I’m a combination driver so subsection c doesn’t apply to me for red circle purposes. If I am to be paid in the full time air driving scale, wouldn’t that mean I’m a full time air driver?
Sounds like you're trying to screw you

PizzaToUps

Sounds like you're trying to screw you
What do you mean? Im not a part time air driver lol. I’m a 22.3 combination employee but I’m an air driver and I’m full time! I get paid as a full time air driver so that language should apply to me no? Im full time and I’m an air driver. I’m a full time air driver. (Part time employees who bid into a full time air driving position shall be red circled)

Last edited:
What do you mean? Im not a part time air driver lol. I’m a 22.3 combination employee but I’m an air driver and I’m full time! I get paid as a full time air driver so that language should apply to me no? Im full time and I’m an air driver. I’m a full time air driver. (Part time employees who bid into a full time air driving position shall be red circled)
No way should you lose your air rate when you are driving.