PT question?

rusty03115

So I have been working for ups for about two years now at the Jacksonville, FL hub. Last friday I left work without asking my sup first. I understand I'm not supposed to do this. Well rather then write out a warning letter or give me a talking to. My sup decided to change my time. I work the twlight shift and start time is 5:00pm on Fridays. When I left I clocked out at 11:00pm meaning I got 6 hours in total. When I came in for work yesterday I looked at the time sheet and saw that my clock out time had been changed from 11:00pm to 10:40pm. We use the hubcom system to clock in and out so I have no paper record of actual time worked.My question is this. Is there anyway for UPS to see what time I actually clocked out and that my sup was the one who changed it? and if so isn't what he did illegal? and what should my next step be in resolveing the matter? I feel like if I bring this up at work there will be retaliation but I also feel like I can't morally let this go. I come in early everyday and work harder then most the people on my PD. I dont even take a bathroom break and am constantly working. any response would be appreciated thanks.

Justaname

Ask your sup why it was changed. If they don't pay you for the time you actually worked I would get with a steward and grieve it. Thats why you document everything. I'm sure they'd have some way to see if it has been changed I mean they now can tell how much a driver has backed.

UPSGUY72

Ask for a print out of you time card. As upstate said any alteration to your time card leaves a trail as to who changed it and when and from what to what....

I would never leave work without being told to do so. This is the first thing I can think of in your situation. So the sup gets slapped on the wrist for fudging your time card. You could be fired for job abandonment.

rusty03115

I ask my sup tonight and he acted like he had no idea what I was talking about, but when I told him that I was going to file on him he told me that he would just add it onto my time on Friday.anonymous I agree with almost everything you said except for the part about him getting slapped on the wrist. I am well aware of the severity of what I did and if I was let go I would have no one to blame but myself. What I did in no way justifies what he did. This wasn't a little mistake on his part he had to go back into the hubcom system and mannually change my time which he did because he was upset with me. He had every right to be like you said I abonanded my job, but there are proper ways in dealing with situations like these. For instance a warning letter or even so much as termination. NOT theft which is the way I see it. He stole time that I worked my ass off for.

I ask my sup tonight and he acted like he had no idea what I was talking about, but when I told him that I was going to file on him he told me that he would just add it onto my time on Friday.anonymous I agree with almost everything you said except for the part about him getting slapped on the wrist. I am well aware of the severity of what I did and if I was let go I would have no one to blame but myself. What I did in no way justifies what he did. This wasn't a little mistake on his part he had to go back into the hubcom system and mannually change my time which he did because he was upset with me. He had every right to be like you said I abonanded my job, but there are proper ways in dealing with situations like these. For instance a warning letter or even so much as termination. NOT theft which is the way I see it. He stole time that I worked my ass off for.
Just remember grasshopper if you want to play the game with these people your ducks better be in a row. You will be diciplined according to the collective bargaining agreement. Ups on the other hand deals with it there own way. I've seen part-time sups practically commit murder and they almost never get fired. People like you on the other hand are a dime a dozen at panel. Just speaking from experience.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Just remember grasshopper if you want to play the game with these people your ducks better be in a row. You will be diciplined according to the collective bargaining agreement. Ups on the other hand deals with it there own way. I've seen part-time sups practically commit murder and they almost never get fired. People like you on the other hand are a dime a dozen at panel. Just speaking from experience.
I have seen 27 year veteran driver fired for saying they were going to shove an add/cut up a dispatchers behind, while the same supervisor jumped a belt and chased me into a truck for clucking like a chicken at another sup. The sup I was clucking at got away with poking a preloader in the chest three times, and shoulder-checked me(police report made). Sups weren't fired.

[They will never move laterally or vertically, and the pt one quit when she realized. But, they still had their jobs and the driver had to fight for his job back. Unfortunately, he killed himself over the whole situation-don't judge, you don't have all the facts]

menotyou

bella amicizia
Arrested? For what?

BTW, CAFAL is a FT driver in our pension plan.
He certainly fooled me. Stealing time. That's what he should be arrested for. Considering they have no problem threatening to have me arrested for something I didn't do, which they knew the whole time as they were sitting on the proof, i.e. the videotape.
It is stealing. Theft. That is what the sup should be arrested for.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He certainly fooled me. Stealing time. That's what he should be arrested for. Considering they have no problem threatening to have me arrested for something I didn't do, which they knew the whole time as they were sitting on the proof, i.e. the videotape.
It is stealing. Theft. That is what the sup should be arrested for.

You want to burden an already overwhelmed judicial system with something as relatively minor as this which can and should be resolved in-house? I am not saying the sup should not be disciplined if what the OP is telling us is accurate but arresting him is certainly over the top.

menotyou

bella amicizia
You want to burden an already overwhelmed judicial system with something as relatively minor as this which can and should be resolved in-house? I am not saying the sup should not be disciplined if what the OP is telling us is accurate but arresting him is certainly over the top.
I expect laws to be upheld. Period. I have no problem believing that time was stolen, as I have had it happen to me. The teacher in Syracuse hates me because I was the only one to get a double pay on payroll grievance under his watch. When you have to fight tooth and nail for 3 freaking years to get your pay corrected and are one of the reasons the payroll system was over hauled, I expect to be able to get exactly what the contract specifies I will get without reservation. Not.

If I pull away form a gas pump without paying because I am having a bad day and completely forgot, do the cops forgive me? No. That overburdened judicial system has no problem enforcing those laws.
Theft. Arrest. Prosecution. Period.

Notcool

Loaders in the hub I work walk out all the time. Even people with less seniority leave before me without asking the sup. I use to get pssed and raise hll over it but nothing ever happened to them so I just don't care anymore.

BLACKBALLED

WOW! How this turned in to the Sup. did wrong and forget the fact the employee left work when he never should have is crazy and goes to show how out of control the union employees are. Both were wrong, the Sup and the employee, 2 wrongs don't make a right but wow, I feel both the employee and the Sup. should have a talking to, the Employee for Job abandonment and the Sup. for Integrity because when you alter time without anyone's knowledge it is a direct violation of integrity, if the sup. is to be fired than the employee should as well, that sup. should never give breaks to union employees because as we are witnessing the employee could care less and has no sense of responsibility for his job or his team.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
So I have been working for ups for about two years now at the Jacksonville, FL hub. Last friday I left work without asking my sup first. I understand I'm not supposed to do this. Well rather then write out a warning letter or give me a talking to. My sup decided to change my time. I work the twlight shift and start time is 5:00pm on Fridays. When I left I clocked out at 11:00pm meaning I got 6 hours in total. When I came in for work yesterday I looked at the time sheet and saw that my clock out time had been changed from 11:00pm to 10:40pm. We use the hubcom system to clock in and out so I have no paper record of actual time worked.My question is this. Is there anyway for UPS to see what time I actually clocked out and that my sup was the one who changed it? and if so isn't what he did illegal? and what should my next step be in resolveing the matter? I feel like if I bring this up at work there will be retaliation but I also feel like I can't morally let this go. I come in early everyday and work harder then most the people on my PD. I dont even take a bathroom break and am constantly working. any response would be appreciated thanks.
If possible, Ask for the videotape of you walking through the guardshack at 11:05 , or whatever it was.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
And P.S., part-timers are not required to work over 5 hours. I am fairly sure the management team would not give trouble for leaving at 6 hours, since peak is around the corner.