PT Sorter

cupbowl10

Still within First month of hire, Sorter/Night shift

I've gone through the FAQ for new hires but looking for more recent answers (so I apologize in advance if this is not the appropriate place for this thread)

--where I am currently:

-have 2nd job that pays the bills, picked up UPS position purely for the benefits/tuition reimbursement
-Currently a student in order to complete AA and transfer
-Not interested in becoming a driver
-Want to know more about becoming a P/T supervisor or going into (IT) management @ UPS (pros/cons, what to do to become one, is it worthwhile as a student, etc)

Appreciate any advice and/or personal insight!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How much extra time can you work? I say this because sups work more hours than you think. With another job and school, you probably want to work 3 or 4 and get out of there?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
70+ pages with half being non-related posts and a search turns up years old posts, but thanks for being helpful and informative!
Boom!
Wang_lijun.jpg

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
How much extra time can you work? I say this because sups work more hours than you think. With another job and school, you probably want to work 3 or 4 and get out of there?

Even part time preload right now if I show up on time it's easy for me to get a solid 6 1/2 or a 7 on a Wednesday

Honestly I don't mind. The money is nice. It's almost like at ups part time is considered at least 30 and full time is you stay here until the law says you have to go home.