PT SUP in Mid South Region

ANY compensation? It's been 2 years now as a PT SUP, and this is some bs. Is there anyone that can advise me on bonuses, compensation, wages, payroll? Our numbers are great and the center is running fine. I'm also doing union work as HAZMAT AND INTERNATIONAL. Someone. HELP>

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
ANY compensation? It's been 2 years now as a PT SUP, and this is some bs. Is there anyone that can advise me on bonuses, compensation, wages, payroll? Our numbers are great and the center is running fine. I'm also doing union work as HAZMAT AND INTERNATIONAL. Someone. HELP>

Some union members should get some money for your work. You, not so much.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
You get a bag of chips

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

tell your boss you’re quitting if he doesent meet your demands
Let us know how it goes

lmao pt supe

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
You are on the Fast Track. Hang in there!

OrionIsDaddy

You got paid by the hour...you get overtime.

That's your bonus.

Being a part time supervisor is absolutely the most thankless job in the company. It's honestly a job meant to get you through college and pad your resume.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
2yrs as a PT supe and you haven't moved on to a real job yet...

mark.gif

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Apply for on road sup. You'll get a MIP handout and your only responsibility is shuttling misloads until someone files on you. Then just prove you can fog a mirror when you breathe on it.

j13501

You got paid by the hour...you get overtime.

That's your bonus.

Being a part time supervisor is absolutely the most thankless job in the company. It's honestly a job meant to get you through college and pad your resume.
Two points.
1 - Don't come to the Brown Cafe' and ask questions about being a management person. As you can see from the responses, there is a core group of current/retired teamsters that post on this website that will mock your questions and/or comments. Ask your boss how you're doing and what it will take to move up in the organization.
2 - The part time supervisor position was a great thing for UPS and for the successful part time supervisor. If you speak to your boss and your results put you in the "middle of the pack" as compared to your peers, then finish your degree and as OrionisDaddy said "pad your resume'" and find another job.

If however, you are doing well and there is a path to full time management open to you- take it. I worked in a hub once where every full-time management person, from the supervisors, managers to the division manager had all been part-time supervisors at the start of their careers.

I worked in a district where the district manager /president had started their management career as a part-time supervisor and if you look at UPSers.com, you'll see that many district and region managers worked as part-time supervisors at the start of their careers.

Your job is not easy, but it is important.
Talk to your boss. See how you're doing and make an informed decision. Good luck!

BasedSupe

If you can’t see a path where you’re promoted to FT management; then you’re wasting your time. Path could be transferring to a larger building/HUB, sign up for Job Alerts on UPSers and have a wide search criteria. You’re in a tough spot if it’s a smaller center to ‘network’, by which I mean campaign for yourself. Hugs and handshakes to everyone. If that’s not 6-10 months in the future for you where you can see the next step, accept that you’re in the PT role and go from there.

Box Ox

This topic is obviously OHT to you....Stick with "How to become a Pilot" or something you can understand...
Now, now. You don't have to lash out because you're now embarrassed by your assertion that Amazon is interested in acquiring UPS, silly goose! Not sure what the pilot thing is about.

Box Ox

"If the union loses, particularly by a large margin, Amazon will have turned the tide on a unionization drive that seemed to have many winds at its back. A loss could force labor organizers to rethink their overall strategy and give Amazon confidence that its approach is working."

"Amazon has said it does not believe the union represents the majority of its workers.Drew Herdener, Amazon’s vice president for worldwide communications, said in a statement that “our employees know the truth — starting wages of $15 or more, health care from day one, and a safe and inclusive workplace."

"If the union prevails, workers fear that the company may shut down the warehouse. Amazon has backed away from locations that bring it headaches before. In 2000, it closed a customer service office that was trying to unionize, saying the closing was the result of a reorganization. It stopped construction on an office tower when Seattle wanted to tax the company, and backed out of plans to build a second headquarters in New York City after facing progressive opposition."