PT Sup Question

1st post here. I'm a peak season hire. I have a degree. In Sept my dad had a bad fall, now needs needs a caregiver full time. This is why I'm preload shift. A couple weeks ago they offered me a PT supervisor job so I took it. Pay bump and benefits is why.

I've read a lot on this site about the pt sup job. "Don't do it." "Stay hourly, become a driver, don't listen to their lies." "You'll hate your life." "smile* rolls downhill." I understand it's not a promotion and being a driver makes more $. Both short term and long term.

Will I regret doing this? I have no interest in being a driver. And with a degree, moving up in management sounds nice. But after reading this site I'm not so sure. And yes I have morals/a soul/believe in the golden rule. I have no intention whatsoever of becoming a jerk who yells at people

UPeopleSuck

That's my fear

I believe you have 30 days to change your mind and go back to old position, might depend where you are located. Preload pay seems like it’ll see an increase in the new contract, factor that in with your health insurance and union protection... preload sucks but it’s much more attractive than management.

I believe you have 30 days to change your mind and go back to old position, might depend where you are located. Preload pay seems like it’ll see an increase in the new contract, factor that in with your health insurance and union protection... preload sucks but it’s much more attractive than management.
30 days to change your mind? What’s that all about?

El Correcto

god is dead
A couple weeks ago they offered me a PT supervisor job so I took it. Pay bump and benefits is why.
Sorry to hear about your father, it’s painful to watch your parents age.
That being said, you’ll need these for your part time supervisor role here at UPS.
615qwZJqkuL._SL1001_.jpg

fotonut7

Jury Duty Pay
If you do a good job as part-time sup you can move up to on car and then on to something else if you work hard. Learn all you can and move up. On car is a tough position but leads to other great things. I have a friend that started as a seasonal helper. 8 years ago. She went to part-time sup, then on-car, then into IE. Now she will be in a center manager position new week. She worked very hard and always said yes when anyone asked her for help. Makes a lot more then an 8 year driver.

If you do a good job as part-time sup you can move up to on car and then on to something else if you work hard. Learn all you can and move up. On car is a tough position but leads to other great things. I have a friend that started as a seasonal helper. 8 years ago. She went to part-time sup, then on-car, then into IE. Now she will be in a center manager position new week. She worked very hard and always said yes when anyone asked her for help. Makes a lot more then an 8 year driver.
You could do better if you were mediocre. Doing a good job could prolong your time as a pt sup while doing the on-car and center manager jobs.

Yolo

Enjoy trying to supervise people who make twice as much as you and have zero respect for you. The overwhelming majority of PT Sups never make it into full-time. They are treated as Cannon Fodder. You can have an opportunity to go driving in a few years. Or you can stay preload and you'll be making more than the PT sups do in a few years. You'll also enjoy better insurance, pension, benefits etc. What Pay rate did they offer you for The pt sup position?

Ya Dad

Gimme me more characters so that I finish this se
They start between $13-$15 at my hub. Not worth for the amount of disrespect you have to endure, especially since its usually a dead-end job.