PT sup threatened NCNS/termination

My son works sunrise at DFW. He has had absolutely no attendance problems other than being late once since January.

On 5/20 my son had minor foot surgery. He texted his sup last night informing him that he would not be in until 5/23. Sup replied that he needed a work release from the doc when he returned. So far, no problem.

Tonight start time for him was 3:15, at 3:25 sup texts wanting to know where he is. Ten minutes later another text telling him its a NCNS and he would inform the FT sup that my son quit. Where in the contract/supplement is the attendance policy that applies to this so he can stop the threats before they escalate to a real problem?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Did he hand in the medical form from his physician? Also, keep a copy for yourself.

rlbryce36

My son works sunrise at DFW. He has had absolutely no attendance problems other than being late once since January.

On 5/20 my son had minor foot surgery. He texted his sup last night informing him that he would not be in until 5/23. Sup replied that he needed a work release from the doc when he returned. So far, no problem.

Tonight start time for him was 3:15, at 3:25 sup texts wanting to know where he is. Ten minutes later another text telling him its a NCNS and he would inform the FT sup that my son quit. Where in the contract/supplement is the attendance policy that applies to this so he can stop the threats before they escalate to a real problem?
He did what he is suppose to. print out text. and have him contact HR. also have him file a grievance form for harassment .

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
your son's saving grace may be that text and especially a reply text that the PT sup received and acknowledged. As an employee, whenever I missed a day of work and I went to a doctor, I *always* got a note from the doctor. Sometimes I'd show up the next day to dispatch, with a copy of it in hand, and they would say "we don't need that." I'd say "yeah you do, put it in my file." I'd always, always make a copy of all correspondence. I called in one day and the next day the center manager called me in his office and told me they were going to discipline me for not calling in an hour before my start time. I showed him my cell where I called in 4 hours before start. He got very quiet, apologized and said I could go. Dispatcher had probably forgotten I called in, forgot to cover me, and when I didn't show up at my start time got in a real bind. Lied on me to cover his arse. I'm sure he got his butt shredded by the center manager. The cell/text can be your friend sometimes.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

That supervisor is a jackass. If your son has seniority, call the 1-800 number and tell 'em that supervisor threatened his job for being hurt.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Whatever happened to picking up the phone and actually speaking to your supervisor?
Part timers don't make as much money as full timers do and subsequently don't always carry cell plans that include unlimited voice minutes, while most plans usually include unlimited text.
Why should they have to burn precious cell minutes, on hold, while a manager is located so they can harass them to come in despite their malady.
Why is text resisted as an acceptable form of communication when calling off?
Could it be that management doesn't want a written record of them harassing you when you call in?
I text in, and if they don't reply, I call.
I record the call now for my grievance if the supervisor says anything other than OK.

They will push you a far as you let them people.
Don't be a willing victim.

P.S. Before anybody chimes in about not being allowed to record, I can record anybody I want on my phone while I am on my own time.

Part timers don't make as much money as full timers do and subsequently don't always carry cell plans that include unlimited voice minutes, while most plans usually include unlimited text.
Why should they have to burn precious cell minutes, on hold, while a manager is located so they can harass them to come in despite their malady.
Why is text resisted as an acceptable form of communication when calling off?
Could it be that management doesn't want a written record of them harassing you when you call in?
I text in, and if they don't reply, I call.
I record the call now for my grievance if the supervisor says anything other than OK.

They will push you a far as you let them people.
Don't be a willing victim.

P.S. Before anybody chimes in about not being allowed to record, I can record anybody I want on my phone while I am on my own time.
Do they make an app for that?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Am I the only one who finds its fishy a minor foot injury occurred that required a dr note for the week leading up to a holiday?

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Adults don't have mom join an Internet forum to try and solve their problems.

This is exactly what wrong with today's youth.

When I was a kid, my friend across the street had a younger brother with special needs. A few years ago, I learned his brother landed a package handler job at our air hub.

A guy like him might need a parent's guidance when seeking information to protect himself in a work environment as hostile as ours.

Food for thought...

Sent using a Potato