PT sup threatened NCNS/termination

30 to life

My son works sunrise at DFW. He has had absolutely no attendance problems other than being late once since January.

On 5/20 my son had minor foot surgery. He texted his sup last night informing him that he would not be in until 5/23. Sup replied that he needed a work release from the doc when he returned. So far, no problem.

Tonight start time for him was 3:15, at 3:25 sup texts wanting to know where he is. Ten minutes later another text telling him its a NCNS and he would inform the FT sup that my son quit. Where in the contract/supplement is the attendance policy that applies to this so he can stop the threats before they escalate to a real problem?
If you are sick for more than 3 days you need a Dr excuse and if he has no sick days he will likely get a warning letter
My son works sunrise at DFW. He has had absolutely no attendance problems other than being late once since January.

On 5/20 my son had minor foot surgery. He texted his sup last night informing him that he would not be in until 5/23. Sup replied that he needed a work release from the doc when he returned. So far, no problem.

Tonight start time for him was 3:15, at 3:25 sup texts wanting to know where he is. Ten minutes later another text telling him its a NCNS and he would inform the FT sup that my son quit. Where in the contract/supplement is the attendance policy that applies to this so he can stop the threats before they escalate to a real problem?

Dragon

Package Center Manager

hmmm.... did your son know in advance he was having minor foot surgery. Did he inform his management team? Did he call HRSC requesting short term disability or a leave of absence?

Please, from a center manager point of view, pick up the phone and call us or come see me. Saves a lot of aggravation for both of us.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
hmmm.... did your son know in advance he was having minor foot surgery. Did he inform his management team? Did he call HRSC requesting short term disability or a leave of absence?

Please, from a center manager point of view, pick up the phone and call us or come see me. Saves a lot of aggravation for both of us.
Sometimes having your foot removed from your mouth is not anticipated, and not always "minor surgery" for that matter.
Trust me, I know.

Adults don't have mom join an Internet forum to try and solve their problems.

This is exactly what wrong with today's youth.

I'm not mom - and I also work for UPS and have for 19 years. The information supplied and the replies address the question sufficiently. Who posts is irrelevant.

But thank you so very much for your opinion. After all, we all have them. ;)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm not mom - and I also work for UPS and have for 19 years. The information supplied and the replies address the question sufficiently. Who posts is irrelevant.

But thank you so very much for your opinion. After all, we all have them. ;)
Then why would you say my son in your OP.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lol maybe because my dad can't even turn on a computer. Thought never even crossed my mind.

And likely because of all the wives we get on here inquiring for their husbands.