PT Sup to hourly union employee

mercury7

I have always been told that once you go into management, the only way to become hourly again is to go driving. Is this the only option other than quitting and being rehired?

Last edited:

mercury7

I was just verifying the info because some seem to be under the impression I can just go back to being hourly

S

selfcancelsignal

They won't even let pt sups drive at our center. Had 2 that wanted too. 1 quit, the other has been there 20 years & will most likely never get a chance.

RolloTony Brown Town

You can't go back to pt hourly after becoming a pt sup. Although you can go driving as a pt supervisor, the only way you can go back into the union is if your DM lets you. If he doesn't want to let you go, you're going no where.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
I am a former PT sup that was lucky enough to make it out. It is not easy. Go through the MAPP process to get promoted to full-time supervision, tell them you want to go driving first for the experience, and after that your fate is in the hands of your division manager. It helps to be well-liked and respected. To be perfectly honest; don't count on it happening. If it does, you caught a lucky break. I did.

STEVEz00

Well I m one of those sups that want to get back as well,they kept asking to become a sup I told then I came to ups to become a driver they said don t worry you can still become a driver well 7yrs still here I wondered if I can hold them accountability for what they promised me

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Well I m one of those sups that want to get back as well,they kept asking to become a sup I told then I came to ups to become a driver they said don t worry you can still become a driver well 7yrs still here I wondered if I can hold them accountability for what they promised me

You don't want to become a driver, you want to be a full-time supervisor. You only want to drive for the experience...and you need to believe it, too.

Truth be told, it's the only reason I was selected to go driving; I really did want to be an on-road sup. I was looking for any full-time gig at UPS. Once I finally got out on the road though, I decided I didn't want to go back in. Now that I'm a Teamster they can't make me.

UPSGUY72

I have always been told that once you go into management, the only way to become hourly again is to go driving. Is this the only option other than quitting and being rehired?

If you quit you risk the possibility of being put on the No- rehire list.

Ouch

I've personally never heard of a pt sup going to anything hourly except an off the street hire to driver.