PT Supervisor Hours

midpkg

Just Curious as to how many PT Supervisors work over 40 hours a week for the past two months I have been 40hours plus every week... Im not complaining about the hours ...I do dispatching as well as Data work and also cover our OMS who never arrives on time... And yes I do get paid for every hour worked they never say anything about over 27.5 do they even enforce the don't go over standards anymore or are they just not saying anything to me because we don't have anyone in our center?

Last edited:

midpkg

I will also add that I live the closet to the center I walk out my front door and walk to my center which is about 300 yards away it has it's perks but also it's like being on call 24/7

midpkg

The only thing I have to enter is a reason for going over 5.5 in the comment section each day over which is everyday.. I guess my full time enters something at the end of the week not sure but they have never said anything at all about going over. Guess it must be rare for people going over 27.5...peak is only going to get worse lol my guess 40+ now peak will be at least 60-70...ever since I lost my data assistant I just do it all now and they have no intention of getting anyone new.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The only thing I have to enter is a reason for going over 5.5 in the comment section each day over which is everyday.. I guess my full time enters something at the end of the week not sure but they have never said anything at all about going over. Guess it must be rare for people going over 27.5...peak is only going to get worse lol my guess 40+ now peak will be at least 60-70...ever since I lost my data assistant I just do it all now and they have no intention of getting anyone new.
We don't have to enter anything. Just approve and go onto the next one. It flashes on a report though if you're over 27.5 for the week. An email about that is almost guaranteed come Monday morning

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We don't have to enter anything. Just approve and go onto the next one. It flashes on a report though if you're over 27.5 for the week. An email about that is almost guaranteed come Monday morning
The Cali lawsuit changed all the P/T Sup overtime a few years back.
Nothing motivates UPS like money fines.

dudebro

Still cheaper than another driver, when you count benefits. From a moral standpoint, I think drivers deserve their benefit package. But financially, the benefits package on a driver costs nearly as much as another driver, so yes, those things are cheaper.

BLACKBALLED

Just got cleared for rehire, I was debating between hourly or pt sup, what is the pay now for package handlers just starting and what is the starting pay for pt sups, I am 50 and its been 7 years when i left, I started as package in 2004 and did 5 years pt local sort sup, are the benefits better nowfor sups or are they even more expensive than they were in 2010, anyone know what the family plan costs for health insurance for a pt sup?

clerkin

Just got cleared for rehire, I was debating between hourly or pt sup, what is the pay now for package handlers just starting and what is the starting pay for pt sups, I am 50 and its been 7 years when i left, I started as package in 2004 and did 5 years pt local sort sup, are the benefits better nowfor sups or are they even more expensive than they were in 2010, anyone know what the family plan costs for health insurance for a pt sup?

Pt sups start out at $14.85 an hour.. hourly union employees start at $10.20, benefits start after the first 30 days For pt sup... they get 2 weeks vacation and 5 discretionary days... 27.5 hours guaranteed a week. In my area if you were a pt sup you are disqualified from working as a pt hourly union employee ever again.insurance is case by case basis depends on what you want to do

DieHardUPSER

Pt sups start out at $14.85 an hour.. hourly union employees start at $10.20, benefits start after the first 30 days For pt sup... they get 2 weeks vacation and 5 discretionary days... 27.5 hours guaranteed a week. In my area if you were a pt sup you are disqualified from working as a pt hourly union employee ever again.insurance is case by case basis depends on what you want to do

Some corrections: PT sup pay will be higher in higher cost of living areas. In my particular area my last one started at close to $17. For hourly 10.20 is the federal minimum UPS must pay but many locations have a higher minimum wage and in those places it will be the minimum wage. The management to hourly rule is the norm but exceptions can be made by either HR or at the request of management.