PT Supervisor taking my pick off everyday, what should I do?

Hoonr

A while back I was moved to the pick off position, unfortunately the loaders in my area are constantly calling off and it leaves us pretty short staffed. This has lead to one of my PT supervisors coming to my pick off and taking over within 20 mins after the start of the shift while demoting me to loading. Since I’ve started there I’ve yet to miss a day and am showing up 15 minutes early everyday to set up trailers and am always one of the last few to leave. I feel I have earned that position and am trying to advance not the opposite. I am getting tired of being demoted because of other people not wanting to show up to do their jobs, what would be a good way to go about getting my pick off position back? Most of the loaders who continue to call off aren’t even union yet but MGMT doesn’t fire them because of how desperate they are for loaders.

trailer loader

Trailer Loader
I’ve considered that and I’m friendly enough with my supes and As much I’d not like to be that guy I guess I may have to go that route
You are a union member, it is your duty to make the supes follow the contract. it has nothing to do with being "that guy" it is about doing what is right. You are hired for that job, a supe is hired to supervise and supervise only. that is their job

Hoonr

You are a union member, it is your duty to make the supes follow the contract. it has nothing to do with being "that guy" it is about doing what is right. You are hired for that job, a supe is hired to supervise and supervise only. that is their job
Yep you are correct, thanks for a 2nd opinion

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I’ve considered that and I’m friendly enough with my supes and As much I’d not like to be that guy I guess I may have to go that route
It's not about being friends. It's about business. If you dont file they will continue to understaff and give you the shaft.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
A while back I was moved to the pick off position, unfortunately the loaders in my area are constantly calling off and it leaves us pretty short staffed. This has lead to one of my PT supervisors coming to my pick off and taking over within 20 mins after the start of the shift while demoting me to loading. Since I’ve started there I’ve yet to miss a day and am showing up 15 minutes early everyday to set up trailers and am always one of the last few to leave. I feel I have earned that position and am trying to advance not the opposite. I am getting tired of being demoted because of other people not wanting to show up to do their jobs, what would be a good way to go about getting my pick off position back? Most of the loaders who continue to call off aren’t even union yet but MGMT doesn’t fire them because of how desperate they are for loaders.

You gettiing paid for that 15 minutes you show up early everyday to setup trailers?

Mycow

Suggest they call morning ppl in to help fill the ppl. I worked preload but signed up for local sort and worked both for a couple of years till I went fulltime. The morning ppl will be glad to come do the ezer shift. And if that fails file on everyday for the last two weeks that he worked

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
He can/should file grievance if he sees a Sup working if they haven't found a union employee to do the work. But you work as directed and they can place you wherever they think you are most effective.