PT Supes; they're all so... seedy!

J

jibbs

So I'm curious, what's the average turnover rate for PT supes?

I've never seen a supe fired, and only seen one quit (resign to join the military). I've also seen one become a driver after, from what I was told, like 7 years as a PT supe (all he wanted to do was drive, they gave him the old story that it'll be quicker if you become a supervisor first-- he fell for it).

Other than that it seems like the PT supes in my building are at least satisfied enough to keep the job for about 2+ years. That might just be a money thing but I dunno, doesn't seem like they make all that much more than the loaders they "manage"....

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Are you sure you weren't just asked if you wanted to go through the MAPP program? Because they can't just say "Hey do you want to be a sup?" And then tomorrow you walk in wearing a red shirt.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UnconTROLLed

perfection
They just take advantage of every poor sap that goes through the place man
They do try.. the question is, do you want to be the one taking advantage of others for your own success, or the successes of your boss? It's not something most people think about when going into supervision at UPS, and UPS likes it that way.

YoungBlood

my suggestion to you is go supervision if you WANT to go supervision. Maybe down the road with some school under your belt or whatever the case may be you'll realize you want the added responsibility for being blamed for every problem that occurs during the sort. Thats why I went into supervision and I love the pressure tbh. What I would do is wait it out and go supervision if/when you want. Definitely don't go supervision for any other reason. I barely make more money as a sup now with the new contract as it is, so don't let money sway your decision.

jrh

I've never seen a supe fired, and only seen one quit (resign to join the military). I've also seen one become a driver after, from what I was told, like 7 years as a PT supe (all he wanted to do was drive, they gave him the old story that it'll be quicker if you become a supervisor first-- he fell for it).

Other than that it seems like the PT supes in my building are at least satisfied enough to keep the job for about 2+ years. That might just be a money thing but I dunno, doesn't seem like they make all that much more than the loaders they "manage"....

that is part of my concern too, it doesn't seem like they're actually making as much bank as they should be making.
Are you sure you weren't just asked if you wanted to go through the MAPP program? Because they can't just say "Hey do you want to be a sup?" And then tomorrow you walk in wearing a red shirt.

Sent using BrownCafe App

probably so, he referred to it once as a "fast track" and said he'd "put us on the list anyway" when myself and another guy expressed uncertainty. I do wish everything wasn't so cryptic because I know there's a simple answer for everything that's going on. That's why I'm happy this forum exists or I'd have no idea at all what is happening at that place

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

I've seen PT sups quit after a few months....and have a few in my building that have been here for 20+ years. Average turnover? A year or two from what I've seen....not nearly as high as preloaders.