Pters getting 8 hrs a day in hubs; baltimore, burtonsville

Hellobrown2000

OT after 5 hours for PT'ers varies by supplement. In my area, it's OT after 5 and it doesn't matter if it's voluntary/involuntary.

Transferring to a new hub because of the potential to work doubles sounds like a terrible idea if you have any seniority at all, as your seniority will be end tailed if you're even allowed a non-educational transfer. Most of the time, this happens in large hubs that simply cannot seem to retain new hires (surprise, surprise: most people don't want to be screamed at and worked like a dog for $8.50/hr) or in smaller centers that can't justify/authorize additional employees on payroll. Either way, the potential for the work to dry up as soon as someone in senior management wants to cut OT costs is always there.

When I was working on '06, I was turning down doubles nearly every day of the week. They dried up when the recession hit (we also had a new district manager that vowed to crack down on OT) during '07-'08 and then started trickling back since '10/'11 or so. Now they're working them almost year-round because retention is such an issue.

I'm in almost a year so really no seniority. My plan is to pursue a career with brown, whether it be pt or ft.

clever_username

Philosoraptor
If its not too much of a drive to B-more I say go for it. Are you in NOVA now? I imagine B-more has a decent sized hub. Here in OKC as long as you have your 3 months you're good to double. I would find out the amount of time you need to be there in order work an extra shift.

clever_username

Philosoraptor
Would also like to add that you're about to get that insurance. Now it's been stated that transfers take away your seniority. Would it also take away benefits? If so, you may want to stay where you are if the bennies are important to you.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Would also like to add that you're about to get that insurance. Now it's been stated that transfers take away your seniority. Would it also take away benefits? If so, you may want to stay where you are if the bennies are important to you.

No. If an employee transfers, their seniority is only end tailed for bidding purposes. They keep their vacations/pay rate/benefits/pension credit/etc. But the only transfers typically allowed are educational transfers.

who_better_than_me

In the Baltimore hub twilight is where the double mostly happens but also I noticed twilight doesn't have nearly as many employees as the night shifts. I get texted from time to time to come in and help em out but I turn it down now a lot more than I used to because of the lac of manpower the regular are used to workin at a snails pace and it aggravating. We have snails at night shift too but everyone seems to be a snail on twilight and I get get singled out because sups know I work hard and then they unequivalently put a high difficult workload on me compared to their regulars. I'm used to this in the night shift but it got taken to a whole another level on twilight

Overpaid Union Thug

I used to work at RPS (FedEx Ground) 5-7 hours on noonday shift then double at UPS on twilight/midnight. I though I was banking back then but in retrospect it really wasn't worth it.

Hellobrown2000

In the Baltimore hub twilight is where the double mostly happens but also I noticed twilight doesn't have nearly as many employees as the night shifts. I get texted from time to time to come in and help em out but I turn it down now a lot more than I used to because of the lac of manpower the regular are used to workin at a snails pace and it aggravating. We have snails at night shift too but everyone seems to be a snail on twilight and I get get singled out because sups know I work hard and then they unequivalently put a high difficult workload on me compared to their regulars. I'm used to this in the night shift but it got taken to a whole another level on twilight
How long is the wait to double?
I really want to transfer out of my center it is way to small and 9-10 just to be a cover driver. Would you happen to know your hubs wait time for that? Also I heard burtonsville hub is bigger than baltimore any truth to that?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
How long is the wait to double?
I really want to transfer out of my center it is way to small and 9-10 just to be a cover driver. Would you happen to know your hubs wait time for that? Also I heard burtonsville hub is bigger than baltimore any truth to that?
Yes, Burt is bigger than Baltimore. If you want to go fulltime Burtonsville is a good place to be right now, the feeder department is so short they are getting ready to hire off the street.