Ptph Cerritos hub

Henry562

Well last night I went to my second interview which was a tour of the facility and a quick interview with the hr. all went well I agreed to 11pm to 5 am. I was asked to come back today at noon with two forms of id. Can anyone tell me where I am at during this time? I am hired for sure or something can go wrong. And how long after this till I start training. Thanks

laffter

I am hired for sure or something can go wrong.

Well, you might die between now and then. That would surely lower your chances of employment. That UPS center might burn down. Um... Armageddon?

Don't let them find out about your participation in any mass shootings. They might not let you work there after that.

laffter

I'm sure I will. But I'm going today at noon turn in the 2 forms of id for that

You're more than welcome to ask the HR person if you're going to be hired once the background check comes back. Showing interest is always positive.

Before I was hired, I made two trips to the center. The first was the walkthrough. They don't typically interview people here during the walkthrough. They call people back in for an interview, based on their first impression of you during the walkthrough. I was called in for the interview and this is when I brought ID for the background check. After that, they still make a decision whether to hire you or not.

Since they asked you to come back with ID after your initial interview(s), I imagine they're interested in hiring you. But again, just ask.

Henry562

I will ask when I go today. I also asked if it would be safe to give a 2 week notice to my current job and she said yes so I'm hoping it I got it.

laffter

I will ask when I go today. I also asked if it would be safe to give a 2 week notice to my current job and she said yes so I'm hoping it I got it.

Do the hours conflict with your other job? You might try doing both until you decide if UPS is for you. Before you complete your 30-day probationary period, you can also be fired pretty easily. The turnover rate at UPS is extremely high.

anonymous4

It isn't that posting here asking questions will ruin your chances, it is just better to fly under the radar. You don't know who is reading and what you might say or feel in the future when you see what the inside is really like. Keep posting here but always leave yourself some anonymity or maybe you won't like the results. Weird to think about, I know. You can't imagine what it's like to work at UPS until you do it. I personally enjoy it a lot! Good luck to you.

anonymous4

Oh yeah, a tip. Most importantly is don't let management bully you. You have a strong union there to protect you from them. You have browncafe as a resource which should be required reading for all new union hires! You're going to be exhausted, sore and burnt out but do what you can to make book (30 days?), then realize you are in the union and you don't need to put up with their bull**** numbers game, "FASTER FASTER FASTER". Get a union book and memorize it. Article 37 will be your best friend when it comes to protecting yourself from their harassment when it starts (and it almost always does). Their job is to get as much out of you as you will give and it is up to you to decide how much that is and give them no more or you will get caught in a viscous cycle. Supervisors are under a lot of pressure to run a good area and won't have a problem working you into the ground as they put their morals to the side. You will see some interesting things and pay attention to just how poor people can treat others to make themselves look good and not get yelled at themselves.

Liquid Sword said it best bro!! UPS is just like any other job, it's what you make of it. Hold your own and stay under the radar. Keep you other gig since you will be off on weekends. Just be prepared to be sore for a few weeks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Every person who dies is one of our own.

Last week one of my elderly neighbors whose health had been failing passed away. The children and grandchildren all came to help her husband with the final arrangements. Two days later the husband, who was in good health, passed away. The children and grandchildren now have to bury both grandparents, clean out and get their condo ready for sale.

Neither of those two were one of my own.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Last week one of my elderly neighbors whose health had been failing passed away. The children and grandchildren all came to help her husband with the final arrangements. Two days later the husband, who was in good health, passed away. The children and grandchildren now have to bury both grandparents, clean out and get their condo ready for sale.

Neither of those two were one of my own.

Is the condo nice?