PTSUP's Promised extra pay for 12/26

aintbleedinbrown

Has anyone had this happen to them as well. Traditionally preload PT Sup's were given a two day holiday for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. We were told this year to come in on the morning of the 26th ( after having off the 25th) and we would be paid holiday pay. So all of us on this preload coded Working Holiday and were told we'd be paid accordingly. I checked my paycheck, as well as everyone else only to find a typical week guarentee of 27.5. When I asked our preload manager he said it is what it is. Any ideas on this? Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I have never heard of Christmas being 2 days.
Thanksgiving and New Years is 2 days but not Christmas.
You may have a memory of Christmas being on Sunday and something unusual (maybe working Saturday).
If you were off 1 day and worked 4 days, you were paid as you should have.

oldngray

nowhere special
The day after Thanksgiving used to be a normal work day for UPS until it was changed in a contract to a paid holiday. UPS realized hardly any place was open so delivering was a waste of time.

aintbleedinbrown

Okay, so lets forget Christmas, the same thing happened today, we were instructed to come in @ 3am to work after having only one day off. No extra pay. Are the 2 day holidays a thing of the past?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Okay, so lets forget Christmas, the same thing happened today, we were instructed to come in @ 3am to work after having only one day off. No extra pay. Are the 2 day holidays a thing of the past?
No doubt on this one.
Go to HR if the center manager BSs you on this week.
3 days work 2 days off.

Gazelle

Race me!
Has anyone had this happen to them as well. Traditionally preload PT Sup's were given a two day holiday for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. We were told this year to come in on the morning of the 26th ( after having off the 25th) and we would be paid holiday pay. So all of us on this preload coded Working Holiday and were told we'd be paid accordingly. I checked my paycheck, as well as everyone else only to find a typical week guarentee of 27.5. When I asked our preload manager he said it is what it is. Any ideas on this? Has this happened to anyone else?
Thanks!

The day after Christmas has never been coded as working holiday. Your FT sup is full of BS.

Box

Handle with Care
For what it's worth, I fell for something similar this past Thanksgiving. I worked 8 hours each day Monday through Wednesday, and was paid my 27.5 guarantee for the week. If I had only worked 5.5 each day, I would have been paid the same guarantee, so I basically volunteered 7.5 hours that week.

Not falling for it again. I never work over 5.5 on any day of a partial week now.

TxRoadDawg

best way to frag a part timer. had the preload sup bitching at me once for telling the belt sups one minute over 5.5 they wouldnt see a dime for it any week we had a holiday. he shut up when I told him either prove i am lying or quit trying to friend'k his part timers

elo

Trying to figure out where they hid the body.
PT Carwasher, I honestly believe my boss has no clue I'm there. His only interaction with me is looking through a book of reports I put together nightly & whether or not I email him a spreadsheet daily. As a pt sup unless you are really screwing up the fts ignore you in my center at least. So I come in do my job to the best of my ability and go home. During peak last year I worked 7+ hours a dayand was only paid for 34.5 because I'm a team player or a maroon.

Now with a driver curfew in effect I'm only working 4-5 hrs a night, but I'm getting my guaranteed 27.5 a week. I'll take it. Fewer hours in the summer & over worked in the winter.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited: