Pull money out of my pension early for a hardship

SoCalifMOm

Hello,
My husband has worked as a loader for UPS for 16 years and we are having major hardships with medical bills. Can he pull some money out of his pension?
Thank you, crying wife

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Hello,
My husband has worked as a loader for UPS for 16 years and we are having major hardships with medical bills. Can he pull some money out of his pension?
Thank you, crying wife
No

Last edited by a moderator:

rod

Retired 22 years
Has a 16 year employees health insurance gotten that bad? P.S. DON"T USE YOUR REAL NAME

Last edited:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
does he have a 401k? he may be able to take a loan for a hardship. not sure .
we have had tremendous medical bills over the years. our insurance has paid most of them and we negotiated the rest down to almost zero. You have to go to the billing dept. of the doctor and explain your situation.

my mother used to work in billing at a hospital and it was not unusual for them to write off most of the patients responsibility after the insurance payment.

doctors and hospitals charge so much because they know they are going to have to write off a percentage. it's a tax deduction for them anyway.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yep not understand this.

Maybe she's really been sitting at home buying shoes all day.
We have really good insurance. Their bills really should not be that much. Even with that, make payments you can afford. There should be no hardship from that.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
don't touch your 401k, that would be monumentally stupid
i agree for the most part. depends on circumstances. this would be a last resort.

you can loan money from a 401k for education expenses, prevent eviction from home, to buy a home , and to pay un-reimbursed medical expenses.

the OP should seek professional advice before doing anything .