Pulled off bid route

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
every week at least once I get asked to come off my route because we work for morons who do not realize we get busy this time of year. Earlier in the summer they pulled me off my route and I filed a grievance. Said they would stop. This week they did it again and I filed. Nothing happens yet.

It's bs because they just don't seem to give a :censored2:e that they are walking all over the contract. Shop steward said he talked to them they were going to keep me off my route to cover another one for one more day then they will put me back. Well not :censored2:e, it's cyber Monday and all hands on deck. We need a monetary penalty for this

every week at least once I get asked to come off my route because we work for morons who do not realize we get busy this time of year. Earlier in the summer they pulled me off my route and I filed a grievance. Said they would stop. This week they did it again and I filed. Nothing happens yet.

It's bs because they just don't seem to give a :censored2:e that they are walking all over the contract. Shop steward said he talked to them they were going to keep me off my route to cover another one for one more day then they will put me back. Well not :censored2:e, it's cyber Monday and all hands on deck. We need a monetary penalty for this
Ask for an interpretation of the actual language and for it to not happen again after its decided.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

Depending on how late you come in you can file on the junior employee coming in after you. You want to be compensated for the time you weren't able to work as a result of violating your senority, at double time rate for the violation.

barnyard

KTM rider
Depending on how late you come in you can file on the junior employee coming in after you. You want to be compensated for the time you weren't able to work as a result of violating your senority, at double time rate for the violation.

Yep. That is your compensation. They may try to say, "well you would have done it faster."

Your reply to that is, "Well, we don't know that, since I was running something else."

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What if the junior driver came in earlier? Would the OP owe them money?

PT Car Washer

Your Center management team would make sure you would be the last driver in all Peak.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

I think their allowed to yank you off your bidded route 1 time a week from my understanding, but not 2 times. Someone that knows the contract well can probably chime in on this 1.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Your Center management team would make sure you would be the last driver in all Peak.
I'd imagine that management would be concerned more about the OP would be less efficent than someone else as he has no area knowledge, little drive, and even less accountability since they created a failing situation.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Man, sorry to hear that... dont they have cover drivers for that?

Sent using Ink and Canvas
Yeah they have cover drivers but in some centers they are just lazy about training guys on new routes. Anytime I ever have to come off my route, which is hardly ever, I rock em to sleep deep into the night. Guess that's why I don't get pulled off very often. 2 can play that game ya know lol.

PT Car Washer

I think their allowed to yank you off your bidded route 1 time a week from my understanding, but not 2 times. Someone that knows the contract well can probably chime in on this 1.
Can you pull you off your bid route on an exception basis to cover the work. Not sure if the contract quantifies exception. Lazy driver sups will use and abuse former cover drivers that can cover any route in the building.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Can you pull you off your bid route on an exception basis to cover the work.
2luu80.jpg

Not sure if the contract quantifies exception.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

Central Region Supplement: Art. 3-Seniority, Sec 15 page 199 in my book. "The employer in an emergency may ask a bid route driver to take another route." Wut

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
We have tcd's in our building but they are only trained on 3 routes. They waited until this week to bring out the new guys for training, hence another created catastrophe on their part. But I've been making them pay for it every day. Lunch from 2-3 then start pickups. They have had to send me help everyday. I had two missed business yesterday as well.

This pissed off employee is not going to bust my hump for them