Pulled off bid route

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
Can you pull you off your bid route on an exception basis to cover the work. Not sure if the contract quantifies exception. Lazy driver sups will use and abuse former cover drivers that can cover any route in the building.

This is exactly the case. The last time they pulled me off was to cover the same route I'm being forced to cover this week. They don't want to leave the office and train anybody.

andrsnbkj

Tell them to brown up and train that seems like the problems nowadays with these new sups with a few years of experience that's what I say they know better not to pull me off my route

PT Car Washer

Tell them to brown up and train that seems like the problems nowadays with these new sups with a few years of experience that's what I say they know better not to pull me off my route
Or UPS transfers sups from a small center 30 or more miles away to the "big city" and expect them to train new drivers on an area they rode on for 2 days.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
In my experience the drivers who always complained about being pulled off their routes to run something they didn't want to run were the same drivers who had no problem coming off their routes when it suited them.

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
In my experience the drivers who always complained about being pulled off their routes to run something they didn't want to run were the same drivers who had no problem coming off their routes when it suited them.
Well that's not the case here

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
every week at least once I get asked to come off my route because we work for morons who do not realize we get busy this time of year. Earlier in the summer they pulled me off my route and I filed a grievance. Said they would stop. This week they did it again and I filed. Nothing happens yet.

It's bs because they just don't seem to give a :censored2:e that they are walking all over the contract. Shop steward said he talked to them they were going to keep me off my route to cover another one for one more day then they will put me back. Well not :censored2:e, it's cyber Monday and all hands on deck. We need a monetary penalty for this
I got your monetary penalty. Slow down and take all freaking day to finish a route when bumped off. It's simple really.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Central Region Supplement: Art. 3-Seniority, Sec 15 page 199 in my book. "The employer in an emergency may ask a bid route driver to take another route." Wut
We've covered this before in another thread. PT Car Washer is correct. But we already have a decision on what an "emergency" is. The only time an emergency exists for the purpose of this section is if a management person has to run a route. At least in the Central Region.

You cannot be pulled off your route, under this section, because a TCD or other new driver knows your route and they need to put him on your route and make you run another. If an on car sup has to run a route due to one reason or another, he can basically run any route he wants and pull the bid driver off it. This is the only emergency.

PT Car Washer

Driver sup used to say (who is now Center manager) he had super seniority anytime he had to run a route. Used to take me with him to do all the heavy lifting but that was OK he bought lunch and paid me top driver rate.