Pulled off bid route

Faceplanted

So let's say driver A has a bid route. He is pulled off his bid route to cover a route he knows. Driver B has less seniority than driver A and covers his route. Driver A is done after 8.5 hours, driver B works 11. Can driver A file for the over time driver B acquired whole covering his route?

Faceplanted

Driver A should have stayed on his bid route------Why didn't Driver A soak them for 11 and a half hours for screwing with him?
They pull the "what's best for the company" line in driver a's center. Seniority greviences go no where in driver a's hub as its not a payable grevience.

rod

Retired 22 years
They pull the "what's best for the company" line in driver a's center. Seniority greviences go no where in driver a's hub as its not a payable grevience.

I can understand that but he still should have "taught them a lesson" if he was PO'ed.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I'm pretty sure in your supplement, they can't "force" you to come out of your bid route.

I'd file it and see where it goes but call your BA before and ask.

By The Book

So let's say driver A has a bid route. He is pulled off his bid route to cover a route he knows. Driver B has less seniority than driver A and covers his route. Driver A is done after 8.5 hours, driver B works 11. Can driver A file for the over time driver B acquired whole covering his route?
Sounds like a slam dunk grievance to me. If driver A was forced off his route.

Faceplanted

I saw the driver let management know what was up in a very loud and angry way this morning. The point is across, but a simple seniority grevience teaches them absolutely nothing. I knew in this situation a cover driver does your route and works more than you you can file for money. I wasn't sure if the same applies for a full time driver with less seniority. Thanks for the replays guys I will let him know.

Being a badass and doing your route, is not as good as doing an easier route, and getting hours of penalty pay. This is how the game is won, not by screaming and yelling. This is chess... Not checkers

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I saw the driver let management know what was up in a very loud and angry way this morning. The point is across, but a simple seniority grevience teaches them absolutely nothing. I knew in this situation a cover driver does your route and works more than you you can file for money. I wasn't sure if the same applies for a full time driver with less seniority. Thanks for the replays guys I will let him know.

Being a badass and doing your route, is not as good as doing an easier route, and getting hours of penalty pay. This is how the game is won, not by screaming and yelling. This is chess... Not checkers
The game is usually won by simply running way over when bumped off your route. Pretty simple really.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
The game is usually won by simply running way over when bumped off your route. Pretty simple really.
What he said. I ran the same route for 9 years. Never once did I ask to run something else. Came to work one morning and was told I was pulled off my route and had to run another one. I asked to go home and was denied. I started calling for help at 9am and called every hour on the hour. It only happened 1 time. Problem solved.

Overpaid Union Thug

Yes. And that's what I would do.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes. And that's what I would do.

What if the cover driver brings it in early? Would Driver A owe the company money?

By The Book

What if the cover driver brings it in early? Would Driver A owe the company money?
I've been around a long time and yet you still find ways to look at things that I'm pretty sure not many others do! How does this answer the op post? If there's a case to be made you better believe I'm making it for the member.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

All of you were assuming the cover driver would struggle on the route, thus entitling the bid driver who was moved to the OT that was paid.

What if the cover driver came in early?

Faceplanted

This said cover driver doesn't know my route so I can't vouch for him personally, but driver A said the cover guy takes an extra 1.5hr to do his route. The fact the cover guy sucks is probably why they would rather not put him blind on the route driver A knows.

I know, and my buddy driver A knows the only way ups learns is to pay. I'm trying to take driver A under my wing as he's a newer guy who works hard and gets it done. A few senior guys did the same to me when I was starting