Pulling Doubles and Triples

Toshiro Hitsugaya

Question for any of the Feeder drivers or anybody that knows, does UPS still pull triples? I know some states do not allow it, but is this practice still done? Where does it most occur?

Last I seen triple pull was in heading into MEANJ back in '02, and it was 2 drop-frames and 1 48fter.

Also does UPS still pull double 48fters?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I always thought triples were only legal west of the Mississippi so I am surpised you saw them in New Jersey. I can't imagine pulling a set of triple of the NY Turnpike (it's bad enough driving a car with those idiots).

spif91

Question for any of the Feeder drivers or anybody that knows, does UPS still pull triples? I know some states do not allow it, but is this practice still done? Where does it most occur?

Last I seen triple pull was in heading into MEANJ back in '02, and it was 2 drop-frames and 1 48fter.

Also does UPS still pull double 48fters?
photo1.jpg
_1010400 copy1 copy.jpg
double48's 1.jpg

spif91

We pull trips here in Oklahoma......3-28 footers, 1-45 footer and 1-28 footer, 2-45 footers or like last week a 53 in front of a 48....no restrictions here.

trickpony1

I hear some of those oklahoma drivers are so talented they will pull a 28 ft in front of a 45 ft despite what common sense, safety and an organization known as the DOT might say.

brett636

I always thought triples were only legal west of the Mississippi so I am surpised you saw them in New Jersey. I can't imagine pulling a set of triple of the NY Turnpike (it's bad enough driving a car with those idiots).

Not quite. Here in Indiana I had to take a doubles/triples test to qualify for feeders. I have never seen a set of triples leave our lot or on the local highways so I am guessing it is only legal on certain highways in the state, and most likely none that I frequent.

Toshiro Hitsugaya

Would those 48 footers be 40 footers maybe?
Nope, 48fters I have even seen doubles of 53fters awhile back before.

Now imagine all the idiots on NJ Turnpike either way NJ or NY it is a dangerous situation.

I was coming back from dropping my Sis off at college in Reading PA when I seen the trip set at a rest stop for a meet. The driver told me that he was waiting for another driver so that they can split the load.

We pull trips here in Oklahoma......3-28 footers, 1-45 footer and 1-28 footer, 2-45 footers or like last week a 53 in front of a 48....no restrictions here.
You sir, I must commend you, besides the crazy bastards who do the Ice Road Rtes, and the super crazy bastards in Aussie that do the convoys where they are pulling a train of trailers, my hat is off to you guys.

spif91

A 45 with a 28 ft pup behind it is the ideal way to get train pay everynight. U don't even know the pup is back there.