Pulling doubles

over9five

Staff member
What do you think, Feeder drivers?

Can you honestly lose your kite and never notice? I mean, not only when it happened, but NEVER NOTICE on your entire leg that you're missing your kite???

City Driver

did the dolly come off or just the rear trailer?

either way, theres no way in hell you wont notice that....mr yellowfreight must of been asleep

one look in the mirror and you dont notice that wiggle wagon behind you? not possible in my opinion

tieguy

Banned
While I've been prone to leaving bits and pieces of my transmission on the road I think i would notice a missing trailer. :happy-very:

that guy should not be driving.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
I didn't have his air hooked up either. If the emergency side came off, there is no way the truck could pump enough air to keep the brakes off the tractor and front box.

over9five

Staff member
I can see the landing gear, not crushed, so I guess the dolly came off.

Didn't latch the pintle? Didn't fasten safety chains? I've seen safety chains break, but not before the trailer does some serious jerking around that you WOULD notice!

City Driver

I can see the landing gear, not crushed, so I guess the dolly came off.

Didn't latch the pintle? Didn't fasten safety chains? I've seen safety chains break, but not before the trailer does some serious jerking around that you WOULD notice!

alot of the chains on our dollys are old and rusty and i wouldnt be surprised if they broke

tieguy

Banned
I didn't have his air hooked up either. If the emergency side came off, there is no way the truck could pump enough air to keep the brakes off the tractor and front box.

thats a great point that prompts some questions. How did the guy get on the highway with his air turned off ( dragging the rear trailer?) or how did he make it to harrisburg with his air turned on and leaking without engaging the spring brakes on his front trailer and tractor?

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
The king pin could have broken, but that would still rip the airlines off. If the pintle or the chain(yellow only uses one chain) came off, you would see the dolly under the trl. I would also guess, and I am not sure, that if the dolly stayed with the bottom box, then the dolly would have overturned the trl.

P

pickup

Dear lord, all of your comments and questions are the same that run through my mind.

I wonder when he did figure it out? I assume at some point he did. That look and feeling of horror that ran through his mind. There is no way in heck, while driving, he could not notice the kite was missing , unless he never looked in rear view mirrors. Tie is right, this guy should not be driving.

P

pickup

I hope there is a follow up to the story. Maybe, if I have the time, I will find a yellow freight board to look at .

P

pickup

More questions. the guy didn't notice the missing trailer when he got to harrisburg?

I figured that was when his moment of horror hit him. However, story says that yellow was still trying to track him down. He might have finally noticed something amiss and pulled into a truck stop and might still be there wondering what the hell to do.

P

pickup

In new york, some woman went the wrong way for a few miles on a highway until she finally collided with an s.u.v ., killing herself , some of her passengers, and some people in the other vehicle. No one could understand why. This incident occurred about a week and half ago. Autopsy results were released a few days ago. Her B.A.C. was twice the legal limit, with alcohol still in her stomach as well as detection of mariuana in her system. Open bottle of absolut vodka was found in her vehicle.

Incident made a lot of sense knowing that she was high as a kite (pardon the pun)

Yellow's incident in over95's story might make more sense in light of what drugs they are going to find in this driver's system.

Last edited by a moderator:

raceanoncr

There is no way in heck, while driving, he could not notice the kite was missing , unless he never looked in rear view mirrors.

That's why I just love these electric mirrors. Just fold em in (especially in bad weather) and everything's roses, rainbows and apple pie.

P

pickup

That's why I just love these electric mirrors. Just fold em in (especially in bad weather) and everything's roses, rainbows and apple pie.

Ignorance is bliss.:happy-very::happy-very::happy2::surprised::dissapointed::sick::sad-little::anxious::sick::dead:

That was probably the different looks on the yellow driver's face when his ignorance was removed.

So thats why the "whiteys" keep cutting us off in the yard. I feel so bad for flipping that guy off now not really.

Blowing the pic up it looks like only the left side landing gear is there.

65Goat

We had a driver in our center lose his back trailer. Two guys in a pickup had been drinking and ran into it. I think it killed both of them. The feeder driver was off for a long time but eventually got his job back. He was a veteran driver that just screwed up. I'm sure there is not a day that goes by that he doesn't think about it.

BrownEvo

Once I saw a truck pull one 26 footer with a dolly on the back of it. never seen any feeder driver do that before..