pulling in mirrors

screamin chicken

Are there any others that have to do this at every stop. I mean ever since we have been instructed to do this my mirrors do not stay in place because of pulling them in 150 180 times a day., thats pretty unsafe while driving, cant check my mirrors. By folding them in at each stops it wears out the parts that keep them from moving, so after a day or 2 I wright it up it gets replaced, thats alot of money wasted.....

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We have been instructed to pull our mirrors in every time we park on the side of the road.

I refuse do it for three reasons. 1- its unsafe to stick your hand out the door to put the mirror back in place when you cant see whats behind you; 2. Constant adjustment of the mirrors causes the bolts to loosen to the point where the mirrors will fold in at highway speeds due to their own wind resistance; and 3. Some of the newer cars have the mirrors positioned low and forward making it impossible to reach them without getting out of the seat and leaning your entire body out of the cab.

This is yet another example of a bright idea that sounds great from behind a desk but doesnt really work for those of us who have to actually use it out in the real world.

menotyou

bella amicizia
That is the most annoying thing!! I hate it when you actually have to pull those stupid things in cuz I can never, ever get them back to where they were!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We have been instructed to pull our mirrors in every time we park on the side of the road.

I refuse do it for three reasons. 1- its unsafe to stick your hand out the door to put the mirror back in place when you cant see whats behind you; 2. Constant adjustment of the mirrors causes the bolts to loosen to the point where the mirrors will fold in at highway speeds due to their own wind resistance; and 3. Some of the newer cars have the mirrors positioned low and forward making it impossible to reach them without getting out of the seat and leaning your entire body out of the cab.

This is yet another example of a bright idea that sounds great from behind a desk but doesnt really work for those of us who have to actually use it out in the real world.

When UPS corporate implements the power mirrors, I'll gladly push the buttons.

UPSGUY72

How many mirrors in you center have been broke because someone hit your mirror while you where parked ?? None is my center.

Mirrors get broke because the city and towns don't trim the trees on the side of the roads and the car wash people can't drive.

We where told we even had to pull them it when parked in a parking lot.

Are there any others that have to do this at every stop. I mean ever since we have been instructed to do this my mirrors do not stay in place because of pulling them in 150 180 times a day., thats pretty unsafe while driving, cant check my mirrors. By folding them in at each stops it wears out the parts that keep them from moving, so after a day or 2 I wright it up it gets replaced, thats alot of money wasted.....
Then write it up every two days. You are required to work as instructed so do it. These are there rules and methods follow them or get another job.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

:foamfinger:
When UPS corporate implements the power mirrors, I'll gladly push the buttons.
:star:

I refuse to reach out of the vehicle to pull in mirrors
:thumbup:

Then write it up every two days. You are required to work as instructed so do it. These are there rules and methods follow them or get another job.

Come on buddy, thats why I have you. Cant do it, it aint safe. I will do whatever they tell me unless it could hurt me. This is ridiculous beyond my wildest dreams. You cannot back to the blind side, but you are expected to take a chance like that reaching into a blind area to push it back out, hanging my body or my arm out the door when I cant see what is coming, 100+ times a day. Not.
Think about it...we cant be trusted to cross the street even tho most of us have been doing it since we were 4 or 5, so we have to walk an extra 28 feet and go behind the truck, and get mashed there. Must walk through treelawns full of holes, trash, debri, creating more time to be left to sit, attracting more attention, being there longer.................But this is about mirrors. Sorry, almost went off.

There are times when I might do it, if I REALLY think it is necessary. Actually I really think it is a conspiracv, to get rid of those of us who try to be safe, they would rather have us lose an arm or get killed, than have us around. We are so worried about not forgetting some new rule, than thinking of our safety.

Rates right up there with sticking a note on any car who might not see us, and back out and hit us. I thought about doing that silly directive until I thought about setting off car alarms, and getting shot at for touching someones Escalade.

Seriously, when I get written up for that, Ill be calling for you 407, I know you were being sarcatic,
love ya all tooner!

:foamfinger:
:star:

:thumbup:

Come on buddy, thats why I have you. Cant do it, it aint safe. I will do whatever they tell me unless it could hurt me. This is ridiculous beyond my wildest dreams. You cannot back to the blind side, but you are expected to take a chance like that reaching into a blind area to push it back out, hanging my body or my arm out the door when I cant see what is coming, 100+ times a day. Not.
Think about it...we cant be trusted to cross the street even tho most of us have been doing it since we were 4 or 5, so we have to walk an extra 28 feet and go behind the truck, and get mashed there. Must walk through treelawns full of holes, trash, debri, creating more time to be left to sit, attracting more attention, being there longer.................But this is about mirrors. Sorry, almost went off.

There are times when I might do it, if I REALLY think it is necessary. Actually I really think it is a conspiracv, to get rid of those of us who try to be safe, they would rather have us lose an arm or get killed, than have us around. We are so worried about not forgetting some new rule, than thinking of our safety.

Rates right up there with sticking a note on any car who might not see us, and back out and hit us. I thought about doing that silly directive until I thought about setting off car alarms, and getting shot at for touching someones Escalade.

Seriously, when I get written up for that, Ill be calling for you 407, I know you were being sarcatic,
love ya all tooner!
There are times when I pull in my mirrors and I don't. I also walk in front of the package car. If you think some method is not safe grieve it under article 18 of the master and let it go up the chain. Maybe just maybe you will set a precedent and change what corporate says to do.

I've got a beautiful family as does everyone else you should do whatever you can to preserve it and get home everyday.

DorkHead

The only time I pull in my mirrors is back at the center, parked, so the two drivers on the sides of me don`t break them

paidover95

This is 1 of the most annoying flavor of the months ideas.what idiot in management came up with this??????The orange flag???IS TAKING SAFETY TO NEW LEVELES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol!!!!!!!!!!!AMAZING THESE IDEAS???

whiskey

That is the most annoying thing!! I hate it when you actually have to pull those stupid things in cuz I can never, ever get them back to where they were!!

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My mirror pops right back into place, every time. I've incorporated the folding of my mirror into the 340 methods I use every time I make a delivery.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The philosphy behind all of these idiotic and pointless rules is actually quite simple.

If the company spews out a large enough volume of conflicting and mutually exclusive policies and procedures, it creates a no-win scenario for the employee. Any action we take to obey one rule will automatically cause us to break a different one, and any accidents or injuries that occur will always be the result of the driver failing to follow one of those rules. No matter what happens, the company will always be right and the employee will always be wrong.

Its not about preventing accidents or injuries; its about assigning the blame for them.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My mirror pops right back into place, every time. I've incorporated the folding of my mirror into the 340 methods I use every time I make a delivery.
You must be. :happy2: I have had two new trucks and STILL have issues!! Alright, I meant the trucks mirrors won't pop back into place.:wink2::wink2:

over9five

Staff member
In my center, to be extra safe, they have removed the mirrors from the package cars.
This way, there will never be another broken mirror.
We are much safer.