Pumping gas on route

GatoBrown

Has anyone ever had to pump gas while out on route? I just pumped $35.00 into the truck. Will I get written up for not doing so before leaving the building?

Grey

I did it my first week off my training route. Only put in $20.00 but gave a sup the receipt and got a $20 bill about 7 months later.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Truck needed fuel. If they say why didn't you do it at the building say you wanted to be sure you got all your NDA off before addressing it.

trickpony1

GatoBrown-
Aren't you supposed to do a pre-trip inspection which includes, among other things, unscrewing the gas cap and seeing if the tank is full?

Don't do like the kid in OKC and use your cigarette lighter for light.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Written up? Probably not. Will the Sup's complain because now they have to reimburse you? Yes. Just make sure to always hit the road with a full tank from now on. We've all done it. I damn near ran "the hog" (24' straight truck for the malls) out once. Sup wasn't too pleased, but no worries

wayfair

swollen member
GatoBrown-
Aren't you supposed to do a pre-trip inspection which includes, among other things, unscrewing the gas cap and seeing if the tank is full?

Don't do like the kid in OKC and use your cigarette lighter for light.

hahaaaa... but that was in the hub

PT Car Washer

I've had to get towed back because I ran out of gas. Don't be THAT guy.
We had an Air driver run out of gas 20 miles from the building and had to be towed. $300.00 tow bill. I asked him later why he didn't put $10.00 or $20.00 in the tank (gas was around a $1.00/gal then). His reply was he didn't think he would be reimbursed. I never had any problem being reimbursed for gas or oil bought on area.

PT Car Washer

you had some well compensated on car's..
They would take it out of petty cash or open up their wallet and I gave them the receipt. Never a problem but I think it only happened twice. I do remember drivers having to buy a battery on route and the driver was given a purchase order rather then having a road call. Extended areas.

wayfair

swollen member
Right. Because my time with the company means I have no idea of the procedures I am trained in. Forgive me.

it's not that.... you're just missing on going lapses... "petty cash" that's some funny ass sheet.... p'tmers get pizza every friday... we're told we're getting a cookout soon for safety, that was 5 years ago

PT Car Washer

it's not that.... you're just missing on going lapses... "petty cash" that's some funny ass sheet.... p'tmers get pizza every friday... we're told we're getting a cookout soon for safety, that was 5 years ago
I did say gas was $1.00/gal. Clinton was president. The golden years for this country.