Purple Flu Day

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Weinies who are too terrified to sign a union card are definitely not going to participate in any such action....and sadly we've got a ton of them.

chargerlou

Weinies who are too terrified to sign a union card are definitely not going to participate in any such action....and sadly we've got a ton of them.
we have to stay strong even if its 1 or 2 per station. I love the job I do, my customers love me and I love them. but things are going so wrong its like fedex created this monster and its eating itself up!!!!

DRAisawesome

chargerlou.....couldnt have said it better. i love my job and love to go in. at the end of the day i show back up to the station and nothing changes or changes for the worse. express is eroding within. sad.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
.... things are going so wrong its like fedex created this monster and its eating itself up!!!!
most definitely agreed... I'm just adhering strictly to the WAD method. I feel it's about the best thing we can do at this point. I used to go the extra mile - now they don't get an extra millimeter. I'll just continue to feed that monster

vantexan

most definitely agreed... I'm just adhering strictly to the WAD method. I feel it's about the best thing we can do at this point. I used to go the extra mile - now they don't get an extra millimeter. I'll just continue to feed that monster

IF it goes as predicted you won't have much of a fulltime job to love in a few years. Are you looking into something else to do? The one thing I don't get about a union is FedEx has the right to use mostly part timers, they don't have to have a fulltime workforce and yet I get the sense that some here believe they can be forced with a union to give us X amount of hours and a certain amount of pay. All the union can do is negotiate a contract and vote to strike if they don't like what's offered in negotiations. They really can't demand that FedEx give them everything they want and automatically get it. And if FedEx believes it's in it's best interest to have a much smaller Express and an emphasis on Ground then there's nothing we can do about it. How they're going about it stinks, but they've proven themselves dishonest in the past so no surprise there. I had planned to sell 2 weeks of vacation in June to pay off a bill and the senior mgr just sent out a notice that no vacation buy backs will happen in June and only 80 hrs will be bought back in July for all 3 of his stations, based on seniority. So simply put they hold all the cards, can do as they please, bitching about wimps who won't sign cards(when no one is presenting any info and cards to all of us wimps) won't change anything. Better just roll with the punches while looking for something else.

MAKAVELI

IF it goes as predicted you won't have much of a fulltime job to love in a few years. Are you looking into something else to do? The one thing I don't get about a union is FedEx has the right to use mostly part timers, they don't have to have a fulltime workforce and yet I get the sense that some here believe they can be forced with a union to give us X amount of hours and a certain amount of pay. All the union can do is negotiate a contract and vote to strike if they don't like what's offered in negotiations. They really can't demand that FedEx give them everything they want and automatically get it. And if FedEx believes it's in it's best interest to have a much smaller Express and an emphasis on Ground then there's nothing we can do about it. How they're going about it stinks, but they've proven themselves dishonest in the past so no surprise there. I had planned to sell 2 weeks of vacation in June to pay off a bill and the senior mgr just sent out a notice that no vacation buy backs will happen in June and only 80 hrs will be bought back in July for all 3 of his stations, based on seniority. So simply put they hold all the cards, can do as they please, bitching about wimps who won't sign cards(when no one is presenting any info and cards to all of us wimps) won't change anything. Better just roll with the punches while looking for something else.
Percentage of the workforce that is part time can be negotiated in a contract.

vantexan

But it can't be forced. If FedEx wants to have mostly part-timers it will. As is we're nowhere near having a union and won't have one before they get the wrinkles ironed out. Anyone complaining about all the wimps who won't sign cards would be better served to start looking for anything that might pay close to what they get now. I'd start with UPS,or maybe line up a good part time job that works well with FedEx hours.

MAKAVELI

But it can't be forced. If FedEx wants to have mostly part-timers it will. As is we're nowhere near having a union and won't have one before they get the wrinkles ironed out. Anyone complaining about all the wimps who won't sign cards would be better served to start looking for anything that might pay close to what they get now. I'd start with UPS,or maybe line up a good part time job that works well with FedEx hours.
It can be enforced if it is in the contract. That is something that is negotiated and most industries with union representation.

vantexan

It can be enforced if it is in the contract. That is something that is negotiated and most industries with union representation.

It can be enforced IF it gets into a contract IF FedEx Express has a union. We can talk all day about it but with no union, and FedEx not willing to concede much of anything if by a miracle we ever get one, it's a moot point. FedEx is shifting freight to Ground and shrinking Express and will bust any union effort to stop that but doesn't have to because the union had already been busted before it ever got off the ground. Now all we have are people who didn't stay and fight telling us to fight or bend over or people who profit from the very system that has kicked us out of the middle class telling us to make some sacrifice when they aren't. Talk is cheap.

MAKAVELI

It can be enforced IF it gets into a contract IF FedEx Express has a union. We can talk all day about it but with no union, and FedEx not willing to concede much of anything if by a miracle we ever get one, it's a moot point. FedEx is shifting freight to Ground and shrinking Express and will bust any union effort to stop that but doesn't have to because the union had already been busted before it ever got off the ground. Now all we have are people who didn't stay and fight telling us to fight or bend over or people who profit from the very system that has kicked us out of the middle class telling us to make some sacrifice when they aren't. Talk is cheap.
It sure is cheap you would know all about that now

Guapo

At my Station their so short handed they're up grading all part timers that are willing to FT

vantexan

At my Station their so short handed they're up grading all part timers that are willing to FT

That's often been the case that what they want clashes with reality. Could be the economy is improving and they'll be caught short with not enough people willing to put up with the B.S. for no future.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I guess it's attack mode against me and R1a full-time now? I'm guessing your 401k balance is zero and that has you pissed too?

Last edited:

vantexan

I guess it's attack mode against me and R1a fill-time now? I'm guessing your 401k balance is zero and that has you pissed too?

I think anyone making 4 figures a month on his 401k and talking about how we're not willing to sacrifice, etc doesn't stop to think how that makes those of us feel who are scraping by. We are literally paying for your higher pay and better pension so show some appreciation. R1a deserves whatever comes his way just for being R1a.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think anyone making 4 figures a month on his 401k and talking about how we're not willing to sacrifice, etc doesn't stop to think how that makes those of us feel who are scraping by. We are literally paying for your higher pay and better pension so show some appreciation. R1a deserves whatever comes his way just for being R1a.

BS. Like I said before, when the market was in the toilet I was losing plenty. Again, I just recently made it back to where I was in 2008. You need to talk to Mr. Smith about higher pay and a better pension...that isn't my department. Even a topped-out employee isn't getting anywhere lately, especially in comparison to UPS. R1a deserves our appreciation for the valuable information he provides this forum. Sorry you two don't play well together, but that doesn't weaken his message or the quality of his input.

vantexan

BS. Like I said before, when the market was in the toilet I was losing plenty. Again, I just recently made it back to where I was in 2008. You need to talk to Mr. Smith about higher pay and a better pension...that isn't my department. Even a topped-out employee isn't getting anywhere lately, especially in comparison to UPS. R1a deserves our appreciation for the valuable information he provides this forum. Sorry you two don't play well together, but that doesn't weaken his message or the quality of his input.

Baloney, the company placated topped out employees in the late 90's and early 2000's with substantial raises and adjustments and have been screwing over midrange employees ever since to pay for it, not to mention the better pensions you'll get with your higher pay, even the higher bonuses you get every 6 months. I've never said you don't deserve them but we deserve better pay too and aren't getting it. So it rankles big time to hear you talking about us having no spine, not willing to sacrifice, and how you are making good money in the 401k when it's very difficult for us to participate. A system that every last one of us should divest from to force them to pay us better. And no, I don't participate. As for R1a just say anything contrary to what he advocates and let the bitching begin.