Purple Green looking to talk to transitioned contractors in the lower 48

IceRoadAk

Dredging in creek with small high banker combo
How was your contract when you finished money wise compared to what it was before they started this I S P?

IceRoadAk

Dredging in creek with small high banker combo
Are you really happy with your job?
Do you really get a thrill out of making your customers happy?
Is it all about the money?
what is your thoughts on delivery methods?
Routing programs, presorts,

FedGT

Are you really happy with your job?
Do you really get a thrill out of making your customers happy?
Is it all about the money?
what is your thoughts on delivery methods?
Routing programs, presorts,
How long have you been doing this? I was once very optimistic. I still think there is good in the business but I never got a thrill out of making customers happy. Most customers are cool but you will run into many that change your opinion. Like the pricks that order an entire home finished by wayfair including recliners, sectionals, bedroom sets, mattresses, ent centers, tables, chairs, TVs, work out equipment, and don't forget the trampolines and swing sets that they want delivered up the 1/4 mile driveway to the back porch with a direct sign only to send the cheap crap back the following day because it is garbage.

bacha29

How long have you been doing this? I was once very optimistic. I still think there is good in the business but I never got a thrill out of making customers happy. Most customers are cool but you will run into many that change your opinion. Like the pricks that order an entire home finished by wayfair including recliners, sectionals, bedroom sets, mattresses, ent centers, tables, chairs, TVs, work out equipment, and don't forget the trampolines and swing sets that they want delivered up the 1/4 mile driveway to the back porch with a direct sign only to send the cheap crap back the following day because it is garbage.
Don't forget the truck bumpers, backhoe buckets, cement mixers air compressors motor freight on throw away pallets and the worst one I had........... Frozen wild turkey hides sent Ground from Mississippi to my Mid Atlantic terminal and when I got there in the morning what did I find? .....Thawed turkey blood running all over the cargo hold into the cab and down the steps. There have been others that have rivaled it but this one had no peer. And here's the kicker. It happened twice. The bad part of this for you GT is the fact that they are piling that stuff on 3/4 and 1 ton chassis trucks. All they care about is whether they can find a way to stuff in into your wagon. The fact that it might be overloaded bust springs wear brakes too hot and hard that calipers seize on the rotor......that's your headache, your loss oh but don't forget .....safety first.

FedGT

Don't forget the truck bumpers, backhoe buckets, cement mixers air compressors motor freight on throw away pallets and the worst one I had........... Frozen wild turkey hides sent Ground from Mississippi to my Mid Atlantic terminal and when I got there in the morning what did I find? .....Thawed turkey blood running all over the cargo hold into the cab and down the steps. There have been others that have rivaled it but this one had no peer. And here's the kicker. It happened twice. The bad part of this for you GT is the fact that they are piling that stuff on 3/4 and 1 ton chassis trucks. All they care about is whether they can find a way to stuff in into your wagon. The fact that it might be overloaded bust springs wear brakes too hot and hard that calipers seize on the rotor......that's your headache, your loss oh but don't forget .....safety first.
It's not bad for me. I sold my routes a year ago and still just been helping out the guy that bought my routes since I didn't have any other business ventures yet. One business I was going to buy fell apart with two weeks to go before closing then I found the one I am currently under contract with. In a week in a half I will be starting a new thing.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
OP, holy crap, what's in the water in Alaska!?!

If u can bottle it and send that purple promise koolaid to the lower 48, mebbe we can raise others work ethics in this opco

make_it_so.jpg

I did make a "purple promise" thread at the beginning of the year, but u gets a gold BZ certificate from your local managers for that!

Purple Promise for the New Year