Purple promise payout?

DRAisawesome

Thanks. Yes it's really not much to notice. I'm sure they are calculating a nice sized raids for everyone. I mean the stock is at an all time high. That will equate to no raise because we do not want ruin the momentum for Wall Street.

fedex_rtd

As I said in my post last week, we have been leaving too much freight sitting on the ground in Memphis.

When you deliver Friday freight on Monday because the new "smaller" planes can't handle the load, YOU lose, the company WINS!!!!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
As I said in my post last week, we have been leaving too much freight sitting on the ground in Memphis.

When you deliver Friday freight on Monday because the new "smaller" planes can't handle the load, YOU lose, the company WINS!!!!
And of course the customer loses too.

hypo hanna

Not all customers are created equal. Amazon, Apple and the big pharmacy shippers are to be taken care of at all cost. The packages of small companies or private shippers.... Tuff luck.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Thanks. Yes it's really not much to notice. I'm sure they are calculating a nice sized raids for everyone. I mean the stock is at an all time high. That will equate to no raise because we do not want ruin the momentum for Wall Street.

Management fails miserably (except for stock prices), and they get a bonus. We are set-up to fail, do what we can with the :censored2: hand we are dealt, and then they act like it's our fault. Typical.

It's Obama's fault.

Artee

I also asked him about the raises, as recently as last week. He's pretty on top of stuff and said he has heard nothing.

Then he is not on top as much as you think he is. Its was announced to us last week that there will be an announcement coming soon about the upcoming pay action. Or no action.

hypo hanna

Company realized a 6.17% profit margin last quarter. Hasn't been that high since 2007.
http://ycharts.com/companies/FDX/profit_margin

So yea, expect another song and dance about how we are "struggling with these trying economic headwinds, blah blah, Fuel cost, blah blah, health care, blah, labor a big expense, blah blah blah, volume shifting to other streams, blah blah". But because we value our employees so much, here is another anemic 2% cost of living increase. (Never mind that the COL is hitting 4% in many areas).

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Company realized a 6.17% profit margin last quarter. Hasn't been that high since 2007.
http://ycharts.com/companies/FDX/profit_margin

So yea, expect another song and dance about how we are "struggling with these trying economic headwinds, blah blah, Fuel cost, blah blah, health care, blah, labor a big expense, blah blah blah, volume shifting to other streams, blah blah". But because we value our employees so much, here is another anemic 2% cost of living increase. (Never mind that the COL is hitting 4% in many areas).
And one of Fred's favorites, "the softening of the market in China." Blah, blah, blah.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And one of Fred's favorites, "the softening of the market in China." Blah, blah, blah.

Expect van to come on here and tell all of us why FedEx cannot afford any payouts, especially a raise. Kool-Aid, the preferred beverage of Jim Jones, the clueless, and Frederick Weasel Smith.

vantexan

Expect van to come on here and tell all of us why FedEx cannot afford any payouts, especially a raise. Kool-Aid, the preferred beverage of Jim Jones, the clueless, and Frederick Weasel Smith.
Why would I do that? But if it'll make you happy, I'd be surprised to see a raise if the Feds actually force that big a fine on them. And if that issue is unresolved by October, I wouldn't be surprised to see raises reduced or canceled as long as that issue is hanging over them.