Purple spring

Ziparoo

It all started with the Arab spring,then the occupy movement follwed with Time life awarding the person of the year to the protester.
People around the world started to wake up and rise up to demand change.
People have risked and many lost their lives for standing up to dictators.
People have been arrested for standing up to banks and big corperations.
Even kids are being taught to stand up to bullies.
What about fedex workers?for years they have been harassed, pushed around,disrespected and patronized by the big purple monster.
But so far,we have been duds,the meek and the mild.walking with our heads down in shame when we come home from work and our kids ask us,"how was your day at work daddy."
So do you value your life?Do you love your kids?Do you want a better pay and better working conditions with better benefits?Do you want to be treated with respect at work?do you want to able to tell your manager,"what are you looking at.""dont you ever talk to me like that"
then its tome to mobilize.time to be creative.how bout instead of a kony video,maybe someone can make a parody Smith video.
Yes we can all sign union cards,but I want peoples creative ideas on how to make a change at fedex and bring this to the forefront.
how bout social media?lets put on our think hats and work for change.
Print out this letter and stick one on every windshield at your stations parking lot.
dont be afraid and lets make this known as the purple spring.
Let your ideas be known.
Inspire us

vantexan

It all started with the Arab spring,then the occupy movement follwed with Time life awarding the person of the year to the protester.
People around the world started to wake up and rise up to demand change.
People have risked and many lost their lives for standing up to dictators.
People have been arrested for standing up to banks and big corperations.
Even kids are being taught to stand up to bullies.
What about fedex workers?for years they have been harassed, pushed around,disrespected and patronized by the big purple monster.
But so far,we have been duds,the meek and the mild.walking with our heads down in shame when we come home from work and our kids ask us,"how was your day at work daddy."
So do you value your life?Do you love your kids?Do you want a better pay and better working conditions with better benefits?Do you want to be treated with respect at work?do you want to able to tell your manager,"what are you looking at.""dont you ever talk to me like that"
then its tome to mobilize.time to be creative.how bout instead of a kony video,maybe someone can make a parody Smith video.
Yes we can all sign union cards,but I want peoples creative ideas on how to make a change at fedex and bring this to the forefront.
how bout social media?lets put on our think hats and work for change.
Print out this letter and stick one on every windshield at your stations parking lot.
dont be afraid and lets make this known as the purple spring.
Let your ideas be known.
Inspire us

Thank you for your post!! I feel so inspired that I've made a decision. Taking the buyout if offered! Woo hoo, feel better already!

vantexan

Buyout?! Why wouln't they just find a reason to fire you?

They might. But they might also take a huge hit legally if it comes out that they started firing people around the same time they decided Express needs to restructure and reduce head count to be more profitable. I hope if they offer a buyout it will be based on years of service, otherwise I'll have to just keep slogging.

snackdad

Every night I watch the news. There are protests at the board meetings at Chevron, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, etc. I am wondering when the focus of these protests will eventually fall on FedEx. FedEx is a leader in the fields of not paying their fair share of taxes, squashing unions, intimidating workers and thumbing their nose at state and federal laws (until they get caught). I for one would be happy to join any protest at any front gate of a station or ramp access to bring attention on what really goes on behind the pretty image FedEx works so hard on presenting to the world. Keep flying those Pandas and Seals around.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
FedEx is a leader in the fields of not paying their fair share of taxes

Yeah! How dare it take lawful deductions just like the rest of us! SHAME!

We should, as employees, do everything possible to tarnish the image of the company, make it lose business, and see how much money we can cost it. If we do, I bet we'll get big raises!

55+

protest is the american way...free speech..if employees,exemployees,friends and family of employees want to protest in front of a Fedex station that is their right..and that distinguishes us from a lot of other countries..we believe in the rights of individuals to assemble...if this tarnishes the image of this company then maybe the company does in fact need to be examined just a little closer..Just because they hire thousands of people which by the way is good doesnt give them the right to harass and misuse us. Just because they gave us a raise doesnt mean they won't cut our hours so much that we won't even realize that raise. Which I happen to know has happened at my station. a buck into the left pocket and a buck out of the right pocket. Its nothing personal. Its just business. The business of an employee standing up for what they believe should and could be a better workplace

59 Dano

Thanks for the civics lesson!

Chasing away business is a good way to get more hours? Call me different, but sometimes it's better to handle situations in a grown-up way.

bbsam

Staff member
Thanks for the civics lesson!

Chasing away business is a good way to get more hours? Call me different, but sometimes it's better to handle situations in a grown-up way.
With all due respect, Fedex Corp. does not handle things in a "grown-up way". They handle things "legally".

59 Dano

With all due respect, Fedex Corp. does not handle things in a "grown-up way". They handle things "legally".

Eh, I was referring to dealings between me and my employer and acting relatively civil to resolve disputes. One of the last things I'd do is go around badmouthing my employer to anyone who'd listen and expecting anything good to come out of it.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Yeah! How dare it take lawful deductions just like the rest of us! SHAME!

We should, as employees, do everything possible to tarnish the image of the company, make it lose business, and see how much money we can cost it. If we do, I bet we'll get big raises!

Lawful because they spend millions on lobbying to make it that way, in addition to lobbying to keep us under the RLA, lobbying to make it legal to have thousands of employees but some how they are considered to be "contractors" , time for the express employees to start talking to their elected representatives, sign petitions etc... Big business forced employees to take action about a hundred years ago, well it's time we do it again..

59 Dano

Lawful because they spend millions on lobbying to make it that way,

They get to record deductions for depreciation on assets, I get to record deductions for my home mortgage interest, any college tuition, some childcare expenses, and other things. Works for me.

Do you think your pay, benefits, and working conditions would IMPROVE if FedEx's bills increased and profit decreased?

snackdad

59 Dano, the name of this site is Brown Cafe, you seem to think that you are on the Brown Nose site.....

Should we all just be happy when a company throws us a few dollars here and there and be thankful to have it as you suggest or stand up for what we believe in and know the true value of the hard work we do every day. How long have you been a courier? Are your legs tough, scarred and tan or are they hidden by a pair of Dockers?

59 Dano

Dano,
How much does Fedexcorp pay you and your law firm to post on this board ?

I was making a point that we all make use of the tax laws that work in our favor. So does FedEx, and jacking up their tax bill for whatever silly reason would do our pay and benefits no favors.

59 Dano

59 Dano, the name of this site is Brown Cafe, you seem to think that you are on the Brown Nose site.....

Should we all just be happy when a company throws us a few dollars here and there and be thankful to have it as you suggest or stand up for what we believe in and know the true value of the hard work we do every day. How long have you been a courier? Are your legs tough, scarred and tan or are they hidden by a pair of Dockers?

I've never said you should (or shouldn't be) thankful and I've never said that no one should get more pay. With that out of the way, "I deserve more pay because I say so" isn't a convincing argument for anyone, ever.