Purplecafe.com?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This forum has never really taken-off, and I think it's due to the fact that it's within a UPS site, which makes sense. I really think there is enough interest out there to start something separate in addition to the Brown Cafe site. BC mainly seems to appeal to those who want to know what the competition is up to and vice versa. There aren't that many bona fide FedEx visitors.

I'd really like to get the word out about this site and pump-up the numbers, but that's going to be difficult. Is there interest in creating a "Purplecafe" sort of site, either by Cheryl (the owner of this site) or someone else who has the time to set-up and administer it? I don't have the time, but I do think there's a market for it as well as ad revenues from visitors, who would probably be plentiful.

FedEx employees need a venue that is easily accessible, recognizable, and free of the ulterior motives of such sites as FedExaminer.com .

snackdad

Just curious, what are the ulterior motives at Fedexaminer. I visit them once in a while but it is a pretty slow site. Do like your idea though.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just curious, what are the ulterior motives at Fedexaminer. I visit them once in a while but it is a pretty slow site. Do like your idea though.

They are looking for lawsuits. My info is that the site is run by an attorney/group of attorneys.

DS

Fenderbender
stationtostation is a fantasy football site....but stationstostations is available

Maybe Cheryl would like the idea or....not

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
stationtostation is a fantasy football site....but stationstostations is available

Maybe Cheryl would like the idea or....not

I don't know. Cheryl and I haven't always seen eye to eye. But, a dedicated FedEx site (should she choose to run it) might spin-off some good revenue for her. The fact that this forum is cached within a UPS site is great on one hand, because it allows us to interact directly with UPSer's. On the other hand, a lot of FedEx people wouldn't logically think of a UPS site as a place
to discuss FedEx issues.

DS

Fenderbender
I don't know. Cheryl and I haven't always seen eye to eye. But, a dedicated FedEx site (should she choose to run it) might spin-off some good revenue for her. The fact that this forum is cached within a UPS site is great on one hand, because it allows us to interact directly with UPSer's. On the other hand, a lot of FedEx people wouldn't logically think of a UPS site as a place
to discuss FedEx issues.
True:dissapointed: in fact most fedexers look down on us and seem to think that they are superior.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
True:dissapointed: in fact most fedexers look down on us and seem to think that they are superior.

It's hard to imagine FedEx people thinking they're superior. UPS, in general, is a much better company with more highly qualified, professional, and competent drivers. Unfortunately, some of our more stupid FedEx employees swallow all the hype and think they work for a better company....they don't. Just compare paychecks.

snackdad

As a 20 year express courier for FedEx, I miss my UPS brothers out there on road. You guys are all great! Had many friends at UPS over the years. We always complemented each other and often backed each other up. Your family was our family too. No Looking up or down.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I always get along fine with the UPS drivers in my area.

Good to see them out there and being able to get a chat in every now and then.

LTFedExer

It's hard to imagine FedEx people thinking they're superior. UPS, in general, is a much better company with more highly qualified, professional, and competent drivers. Unfortunately, some of our more stupid FedEx employees swallow all the hype and think they work for a better company....they don't. Just compare paychecks.
I don't think I'm any better than any UPS courier. I also don't think any UPS courier is any better than me. I BS with them every time we're a a stop together. As for being more highly qualified, professional and competent.........matter of opinion.

You can compare current paychecks all you want. Can you afford to live on a loaders salary for, I've heard, up to 8 years before getting that posiion?