Purposeful tension

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I think the UPS CEO should go on that undercover boss show. He could learn a lot. There's too much separation from the top to the bottom at UPS. Not saying it would help. But it would be interesting to see how he handles driver helping or loading trailers.

Sent using BrownCafe App

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I think the UPS CEO should go on that undercover boss show. He could learn a lot. There's too much separation from the top to the bottom at UPS. Not saying it would help. But it would be interesting to see how he handles driver helping or loading trailers.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Most of them KNOW how hard we work, they just don't give a damn. For people to say "they don't know what it's like" isn't giving them enough credit. They bust our asses so THEIR paychecks and bonuses are higher. Suffer through it, file some grievances for free money

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Is their any reason upper management would want (go out of their way) to ensure tension between hourlies and salaried?

Question stems from an understanding that corporate beings want high productivity despite short sighted tactics.
Its all a mind game and 1 big fat lie, youll learn soon YOUNGBLOOD. The company don't give a dam about its employees and a supervisor will sell his mom to keep his ass out of trouble and or throw you under the bus in a hot minute. Their not your friends is all you have to remember and its a job to make money, nothing less nothing more. Its like a prison sentence, you do your time and when you get out your golden lol.

brownrod

Is their any reason upper management would want (go out of their way) to ensure tension between hourlies and salaried?

Question stems from an understanding that corporate beings want high productivity despite short sighted tactics.

one of UPS managements philosophies is "constructive dissatisfaction."
Unfortunately too many of them thing this means that their job is to tell the lowly hourlies they totally suck no matter how hard they work.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I just love it when they totally screw up and over dispatch your load. You bust your butt and get it done. The next day it's like a sups parade telling you how bad of a driver you are. They screw up, we make it work but we are the ones who suck. Warm fuzzies all around.

Future

Victory Ride
Yeah. And I get it. But that's such an old school way of thinking.

Only way to change is to talk about it.

# hopechangeandinvincibility
Every sunday Teamsters and Mgt meet at the local church,sing kumbiyi,group hugs, open discussion then the real fun starts......cupcakes and ponys.....then it wraps up with a 3 legged race....jolly time for all.....ask your center manager where your group meets on sunday

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Every sunday Teamsters and Mgt meet at the local church,sing kumbiyi,group hugs, open discussion then the real fun starts......cupcakes and ponys.....then it wraps up with a 3 legged race.

It's funny, but I don't need another person for me to be able to compete in a 3 legged race.

J

jibbs

It's funny, but I don't need another person for me to be able to compete in a 3 legged race.

bounce3.gif