Pushing 30 year old rule!

supertrucker

always confused
Part Time cover feeder driver, seniority date 9/14. Worked my way up to number 5. Looking at full-time next year, now all the sudden they want to go back to a 30-year rule must be packaged qualified in order to be full-time feeder. Makes no sense! The last 30 full-time guys have never been in a package car.. just don't understand! #449. Buffalo,N.Y.

PT Car Washer

Part Time cover feeder driver, seniority date 9/14. Worked my way up to number 5. Looking at full-time next year, now all the sudden they want to go back to a 30-year rule must be packaged qualified in order to be full-time feeder. Makes no sense! The last 30 full-time guys have never been in a package car.. just don't understand! #449. Buffalo,N.Y.
The rule at my building is you must have one year safe driving in the package car classification before you can bid into Feeders. PT or FT air driving does not count. Never heard of a PT Feeder driver.

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sound good?
What does your business agent say?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The rule at my building is you must have one year safe driving in the package car classification before you can bid into Feeders. PT or FT air driving does not count. Never heard of a PT Feeder driver.

So they have never hired an off the street feeder driver in your building?

Over disciplined0123

That’s bull:censored2: But reason being is if the feeder route ever got cut or abolished you can Bump a junior package driver route or bid inside. And they will be cutting a lot of the inside full time jobs soon with new automated sort system soon. They must know that there will be little or few inside full time jobs available and might be the reason for using old rule

Over disciplined0123

And if you been here long enough you should know they will do what they want if they can get away with it .... Seen it before

supertrucker

always confused
Under the new contract 2013 to 2018, appendix a page 228 actually starts page 227 with a new Part Time cover driver

supertrucker

always confused
What does your business agent say?
Business agent says article 57 paragraph d we've read it over and over and it does not say that which draws me back to appendix a bold letters new Part Time cover driver page 228 explains the bidding process probably does not help that our business agent is a package car driver

supertrucker

always confused
That’s bull:censored2: But reason being is if the feeder route ever got cut or abolished you can Bump a junior package driver route or bid inside. And they will be cutting a lot of the inside full time jobs soon with new automated sort system soon. They must know that there will be little or few inside full time jobs available and might be the reason for using old rule
I understand that with the automatic systems and such, but that old rule is no longer even in the contract which would fall under article 6 of non-contractual

supertrucker

always confused
I understand that with the automatic systems and such, but that old rule is no longer even in the contract which would fall under article 6 of non-contractual
I think maybe I should get a call in to Washington to see if that will do any good our Union representation in Buffalo is horrible. I would gladly take any advice from anyone out there who could help me on this issue

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sound good?
Business agent says article 57 paragraph d we've read it over and over and it does not say that which draws me back to appendix a bold letters new Part Time cover driver page 228 explains the bidding process probably does not help that our business agent is a package car driver
Have you ever tried talking to the international

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
And they will be cutting a lot of the inside full time jobs soon with new automated sort system soon

It cut a few part-time jobs in my building but not as many as you would think.

We have added full-time employees since we automated.

DirtySouth

WTF is a Part Time feeder driver?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Nope. It just feels that way when you realized how stupid you were to stay in package car.
Yet this is your avatar and signature???:

upload_2017-10-11_13-45-26.jpeg

Dracula
Package Car is cake compared to this...

You should make this your new avatar:

Both-Sides-of-Your-Mouth1.jpg

Dracula
Talking out of both sides of my mouth...