Puzzled? If FDXG has such an ambitious Market Share objective....

bacha29

Why have they done so much to weaken their contractors and destabilize the ISP workforce?
It's a rate sensitive business. The base rate for both XG and UPS is pretty much the same. The difference is the size of the discount . In fact UPS has been known to go in and literally buy the business. One well known case was LL Bean where UPS reportedly walked in and slapped 8 million bucks on the Bean table.Guess who Bean signed onto? X doesn't seem to value that "final mile" of the shipping process in terms of who does it just as long as it's the cheapest.

bacha29

Of course there's a $$$$ motive but I'm told that the ISP's have little current capacity to add more loads or the time or funds to build up to do so. If this is the case, they'll (FDX) miss a golden opp if the strike happens.
It will be interesting to see if XG will offer any additional economic assistance beyond what they are currently contractually obligated to. As they see it the UPS/IBT matter has been an ongoing public matter for months and contractors have enough money and time to prepare for all possible outcomes.

It will be interesting to see if XG will offer any additional economic assistance beyond what they are currently contractually obligated to. As they see it the UPS/IBT matter has been an ongoing public matter for months and contractors have enough money and time to prepare for all possible outcomes.

Thanks to all who've helped today.

Re UPS strike period. Just talked to my nephew....he's adamant that FDX won't help and that his drivers have " no more work left in them". Is also worried that much of his workforce will go to AMZN if pushed much harder. Also mentioned that if WMT service lags it will leave for UBER....what's that all about?

bacha29

Re UPS strike period. Just talked to my nephew....he's adamant that FDX won't help and that his drivers have " no more work left in them". Is also worried that much of his workforce will go to AMZN if pushed much harder. Also mentioned that if WMT service lags it will leave for UBER....what's that all about?
The UBER model in a lot of ways is a copy of the XG model and furthermore stuff bought on line is often so big that the only practical way to handle it is CDL Class B straight trucks with hydraulic tailgates and 2 guys in the cab. As for you nephew's plight remind him of the old saying....." be careful what you wish for...you might get it". And be sure to remind him that treatment options for bleeding ulcers are much more effective these days.

bbsam

Staff member

If UPS goes on strike, I will be content to fail. I’m contracted to 900 stops per day. I’m averaging about 860 per day now.

We can easily handle 950. That would be a nice paycheck bump. Beyond that, I don’t care.